Excellent PM in Brisbane?....Not any more (sigh)

After many years lurking on these forums, last year I changed to a PM agency in Brisbane that was highly recommended by several contributors, and I have to say that I was really impressed with everything - far more so than I ever expected to be given past experiences with PM's.

But it didn't last long. :( A PM agency really is only as good as the staff they hire, and when they are great they expand and start putting on below average property managers or inexperienced young staff to help cover the load. I guess it's just a recipe to become the same or worse than their competition unfortunately.

I think I'm going to be looking for a really small, personal operation that will hopefully stay that way and I don't mind paying extra so that they don't focus their energy on expanding at the expense of the service that had set them high above the rest. If you know of any that service Brisbane north, let me know.

If I thought it would help I would, but I wrote and sent a complaint letter direct to the principal about one of the things I was really not happy the PM had done, and was never even given the courtesy of a reply or acknowledgement from that person. Instead, the email was forwarded on to the PM and I then got an email from the PM with reasons excusing the issue.

As the owner of an agency, if someone directly contacts you like that to express dissatisfaction and concern, I think the least you can do is acknowledge the email and say you will look into it, even if you then flick it on to the PM. Not doing so demonstrates either too busy, or not taking seriously...where's the client service in that though?

True

What happened to your original PM?
Was the Principal of the agency and I guess because of great reputation got too busy to look after everyone so put other PM's and staff on to cover different locations/tasks....

Unfortunately it looks like I'm not alone in experiences - I've actually had a few people private msg me and tell me they have been having similar experiences with this particular agency. It's a pity. Still looking for PM recommendations if anyone has any - Brisbane north!

Similar to mine but I sent an email and got the PM replying too.

I hope that he's onto it and is resolving the current issues with staff. After emails I've had last few days though I'm not entirely sure. :(

Hi Aurora

I think I know which agency you are talking about. If not I am having exactly the same issues with a property manager - exclusively engaged in property mgmt in Brisbane, well recommended on this site, recently taken on extra (young!) staff who service specific regions in Brisbane. I am currently trying to get a recently purchased townhouse in Chermside tenanted by this mob. I can never even get a hold of the PM assigned to me as she is so busy (very nice person though), I have pretty much had to completely drive the process and ensure things got done.....and am left now disappointed I chose them. Hopefully they will eventually get the place tenanted and I think I will then negotiate my way out. If anyone has any good recommendations for a northside property manager am all ears!!

At the end of the day you get what you pay for I think!

I do know exactly which PM you guys are talking about. I was quite surprised too when I met our property manager last year, very young, barely out of high school. Lucky for us, everything is going smooth. Hope it stays that way.

I do know exactly which PM you guys are talking about. I was quite surprised too when I met our property manager last year, very young, barely out of high school. Lucky for us, everything is going smooth. Hope it stays that way.

To be fair, a lot of PM's I've known are quite young....but there is young and young I guess. Some are very mature and diligent. Others not so much. Inexperienced staff (of any age) need mentoring from experienced, diligent people though - and those supervising them need to keep a close eye on how they are performing and take note of feedback that is given to improve the skills and performance of individuals, and the organisation as a whole.

Aurora

I highly recommend Lu Bracher at Property Management HQ. THis is her business and she employees a few people. I haven't met them but by the sound of their voices they are neither young nor inexperienced.

Property Management HQ services the greater Brisbane area from Caboolture to Pimpama. Lu's office number is 07 3135 9080.

I have found Lu to be extreemly helpful from the day I made the first phone call.

Good luck

Heather

Back