Experiences with a Buyers Agent

People also sell through buyers agents to save a selling agent commission. Buyers agents therefore have access to non-public properties and these are all the fantastic value-add ones!

I think there is a conflict of interest here. The buyer's agent is supposed to be working in favour of the buyer. Get the best/lowest possible deal for a property.

If a seller tries to sell through a BA and if the BA is truely doing his/her job then the seller is suppose to be at a disadvantage. I understand the seller saves on agent commission. But hey, I don't think it is going to be a fair for the seller.

Just my opinion.

Cheers,
Oracle.

I think there is a conflict of interest here. The buyer's agent is supposed to be working in favour of the buyer. Get the best/lowest possible deal for a property.

If a seller tries to sell through a BA and if the BA is truely doing his/her job then the seller is suppose to be at a disadvantage. I understand the seller saves on agent commission. But hey, I don't think it is going to be a fair for the seller.

Just my opinion.

Cheers,
Oracle.

I think you'll find with most BA's that they'll consider every property on its own merits, regardless of where it came from- agent, private sale or otherwise. No conflicts of interest at all- they still work 100% for the buyer.

Just my opinion.

Cheers,
Oracle.

Oracle i think what xenia meant is that the BA doesn't try and sell the property, per se. But for example if you wanted to sell a house and wanted to take a shot at selling it yourself, you could approach all the BA's in the area and say - I have this available, do any of your clients want to make an offer. The BA in fact is buying the house.

Oracle i think what xenia meant is that the BA doesn't try and sell the property, per se. But for example if you wanted to sell a house and wanted to take a shot at selling it yourself, you could approach all the BA's in the area and say - I have this available, do any of your clients want to make an offer. The BA in fact is buying the house.

Ok, fair enough. I get it :)

Cheers,
Oracle.

Oracle.

Thanks Oracle good point. There is no conflict of interest because there is only one party: The Buyer!

We tell clients that this is the price we are willing to buy it for, once a price is agreed there are no further negotiations. This is the best price for our buyers! If that dosent suit the seller then they can try a selling agent who may or may not get them a better price by advertising for them.

Many of our clients give us a go first before appro aching a selling agent.
We look at the "value" of the property from a buyer's perspective and will only forward properties that we are willing to buy ourselves. Infact many of the 10 properties we own have been settled by us after being sourced for clients who could not settle on them for one reason or another, usually finance!

Hope this helps!

Back