Exterior lights

Need some new exterior lights. The existing powdercoated ones started loosing their paint quite early on and look shoddy.
Plenty of models to choose from but would like to know if some of the polycarbon 'bunker' lights (approx $20) that are sold in Bunnings might be effective and last well enough.
Anyone used this type of lighting?
Any other type of Exterior lighting that you'd like to recommend?

The lights are for a PPOR in block of units which best suits simpler styles. Cost isn't the main deciding factor.

When we renovated our house we used coach style lights. Ten years later, we are wondering "what were we thinking?". Our fence lights stay on a LOT with kids in and out at all hours and the front porch lights also are left on for kids who are out, the milkman etc.

We are painting the house, and decided to ditch all eight external lights with LED brushed chrome lights. They each look a bit like a cube of cheese, sort of triangular(ish), much smaller than the old ones, much cheaper to run when we have to leave them on.

We love them. We got them from a lighting warehouse near Coorparoo railway station. I'm happy to post a photo and provide the details of the supplier if that helps. (You might not like them, but he has a good range.)

Having trouble loading photos. Will keep trying and will look up the invoice to get the name of the shop we bought from.

I cannot load photos and have asked Sim what the issue is. While I am waiting, at least I can give you the name of the place we bought them and a gorgeous light we have put in our dining room, reasonably priced.

Lighting Discount Warehouse
1/29 Clarence Street
Coorparoo
Ph: 07 3847 8455

Friendly owner, couldn't have been more helpful and a nice range of lights for all applications.

It is an immediate left hand turn after the Coorparoo railway station and just ahead a little.

Thanks both for the advice on the different places to find products.

Other recommendations as well for specific types of lights would be welcome.

I've tried again today to upload my photos but it is not working.

I emailed Sim a few days ago but haven't had a reply.

Anybody else having issues uploading photos?

Back