Facebook Grrrrrr

I am so annoyed. Logged in this morning to find the layout has been changed yet again! why?

what does everyone think of the new look?

dont like it. its essentially twitter. if i wanted to use twitter then i would use twitter. the app is even called twitter now. :S

I dislike change at the best of times. If it ain't broke, don't mess with it, I say!
I don't like it. Wasn't even used to the previous layout.
CBA keep changing their Netbank interface, too. Stop fiddling with it, guys!

I'm not a fan of the new layout either. I didn't mind when they changed to the new layout a while ago, it had quite a few improvements IMO, but this is just Facebook trying to copy Twitter in the hope they don't get left behind.

I've lost the little interest I had in it, in the first place.

I was just getting used to the first layout and went on last week to see the new layout which you guys are now telling me has changed again?

I haven't the time.:p

Regards JO

Agreed GC.

Tim Johnston's daughters had their entire life splashed over Facebook.

When he went down the gurgler, the newspapers and liquidation guys after Firepower's shareholder's money sort of found out where it all went very quickly due to them spilling the beans for the world to see.

I wonder how many judges and lawyers have Facebook accounts ??

facebook changes.

hotmail do that also change the whole layout at no notice when they feel like it.

i also dont like that. why add extra stress and things to get used to but i'm sure they have their reasons.

francine.

Seems that web 2.0 dictates that everyone needs to change their site layouts every year or so or risk being left behind / made redundant when a new service is offered.

Probably a product of the current "Computer Game Generation" who need constant stimulation or risk losing their attention to another service provider...

Logged in this morning to find the layout has been changed yet again! why?
http://www.news.com.au/technology/story/0,28348,25182614-5014239,00.html

news.com.au said:
Here are the key changes to the Facebook home page users are coming to grips with:

1) Stream

Much like the old News Feed, the Stream tells you about what your friends are doing. It has added real-time updates, celebrity page feeds with comments, and user control over which friend's updates they want to see.

Some users are not comfortable with seeing all the information streaming in one place.

2) Publisher

Facebook has changed the status update question from "What are you doing right now?" to "What's on your mind?"

This has also become the place to post links, pictures, video, and other types of content.

3) Highlights

This new column shows long-term information and announcements from subscribed sources.

It includes friend and event updates, birthday notifications, pokes, notes, links with comments, and Facebook announcements. It does not contain advertisements.

4) Filters

There's a new box in the top-left corner that lets users control the flow of information.

Facebook says it has built some default filters such as location, regular contacts, and existing friend lists, so users can click one and excess info should drop off the home page.

I think it sucks too, and I'm a change junkie (work in IT).

I don't just want to see todays events, I want to see the next 3 days worth!

It seems more twitter like.

I really dont get facebook, I have an account, I log in and then, well, read a couple of silly comments 'friends' have made and then, well, click off!

Really don't care much at all, pretty crap at keeping in touch with people so maybe facebook can help me with my deficiancy. (not to good at spelling either)

Cheers
Graeme

Agreed GC.

Tim Johnston's daughters had their entire life splashed over Facebook.

When he went down the gurgler, the newspapers and liquidation guys after Firepower's shareholder's money sort of found out where it all went very quickly due to them spilling the beans for the world to see.

I wonder how many judges and lawyers have Facebook accounts ??

This one has me stumped TPFKAD, I thought Facebook was an "invite only" thing where you had to invite friends to join your profile, other than that no one can get access, view your photos or whatever :confused:

If that be true how come the media alwsy seem to get the dirt via Facebook

:confused::confused:

This one has me stumped TPFKAD, I thought Facebook was an "invite only" thing where you had to invite friends to join your profile, other than that no one can get access, view your photos or whatever :confused:

If that be true how come the media alwsy seem to get the dirt via Facebook

:confused::confused:

You can have your profile 'Open' to everyone, or just 'friends' or 'friends of friends', depending on how much you want to share with the world.

The profiles that are shown on the media, would be the 'open to everyone' type.

Yep, just when you get used to the old one, they bring out a new one.

Just feels like the homepage has a bit too much going on. Highlights, tags, pokes, friendsuggestions, yadad yada. Have nicely rounded all the photos now though!

But I do find it a great tool especially when travelling. Saves emailing eall your friends, family etc, you can just post a quick little note where you are and what your doing as well as flick up photos easily.

Back