Feeling the pinch? Cost of living

http://www.news.com.au/finance/mone...of-living-survey/story-e6frfmcr-1227041183279

JESSICA, 31, family on four on $245,000

Jessica and her family are a prime example of a family who?s seemingly on really good money but find themselves in the same situation as many people on much lower incomes.

?My husband and I earn close to nearly $245,000 a year and really struggle with the cost of living raising our three and two-year-olds,? she said. ?The reality is we will never be able to break the cost of living cycle to buy our own house. Before you roll your eyes, we don?t live a life of luxury.?

Jessica said when she took parental leave to have her second child, she wasn?t entitled to any leave entitlements because she had been on a contract. As a result, her family took out loans to maintain their standard of living which saw their personal and credit debt spiral to almost $55,000.

Just goes to show, doesn't matter how much you earn.... common sense just isn't so common these days.

But all good, i need these people with this sort of mentality to continue renting my properties :D

Last edited:
My husband and I earn close to nearly $245,000 a year and really struggle with the cost of living raising our three and two-year-olds, she said. The reality is we will never be able to break the cost of living cycle to buy our own house.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:rolleyes:

There's a thread for that - SOOKY-LA-LA.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

:rolleyes:

There's a thread for that - SOOKY-LA-LA.

Yup, don't think they're going to be getting a lot of sympathy!

wow
there is no reason for living this way, if they don't want to...they just need to do some reading on the internet.

Hilarious.......ridiculous.....if you can't manage on $245k....assuming say one is on 100k and the other $145k. That is something like 180k net.

If they are paying 5k/month.....in child care...they are better off with a nanny. Much cheaper!

http://www.news.com.au/finance/mone...of-living-survey/story-e6frfmcr-1227041183279

Just goes to show, doesn't matter how much you earn.... common sense just isn't so common these days.

But all good, i need these people with this sort of mentality to continue renting my properties :D

$$$$ I think they are making it more complicated then it needs to be for 55bucks one can get a Business Members card at Costco,buy in bulk and cheap petrol all in one place,some times it's better to plead ignorance..

I don't understand her maths. They claim that childcare takes up almost half of their income so why did they need to take out a loan when she on maternity leave? Unless she's making 70-80% of the household income, their lifestyle should've been able to continue even when she wasn't at work.

$2500 rent + $2500 living expenses = $5000. The $2500 loan repayment could go to their savings giving them a $100k deposit in just over three years.

That article should've definitely have gone in the joke thread.

He spends about $200 a week eating out because as a single person working full time, it?s hard to cook every night.

My heart bleeds for you, mate...

Just crazy - i got work friends earning single income earner 200K+ but with 2 kids but surviving fine with a few properties. just depends on lifestyle choices. The biggest expense for ppl are the kids school fees, supporting parents etc.

That article should've definitely have gone in the joke thread.
Quote:
He spends about $200 a week eating out because as a single person working full time, it?s hard to cook every night.

My heart bleeds for you, mate...

going to go against teh trend, but $28 per meal for dinner isnt "OMG" extravagant,

the only alternative I could think of is $8-$10 chinese, but if you wanted modern aussie food, $20+ is the norm,

I dont think I could eat non asian food (unless its take away) for less then $20 a dish, (unless its a $15 parma night)

sure if you cook every night, it would be cheaper, but if you bought a pasta, sauce, mince, veges etc .etc. youd easily go $10-$15 in ingredients, so $5 extra not to cook, and clean up, I would probably do it too!

I eat take away almost every 2nd night...

$15 for a dish from the local chinese takeaway and make rice at home. Feeds 2 people easily.

It does annoy me when my wife wants "variety" and wants to order 2+ dishes knowing can just finish one... then she complains that I'm getting fatter. haha
(I was taught not to waste ANY food :D)

I can't believe that people who can pull in that sort of income do not have the tenacity to make ends meet with more innovative thoughts! It seems practically the rest of SS are like-wise stunned or ROFL! :rolleyes:

Back