Final Inspection for carport?

I have had a carport built that is attached to the house three years ago. I have a copy of the building permit.

I am now selling the house and my conveyancer tells me I need a copy of the final inspection.

I contacted the builder, who now tells me they only do a final inspection when one is asked for. I know I'm ignorant and should have asked at the time, but I assume that everythng was addressed by the builder that needed to be.

I am asking anyone if they can confirm or deny if in Victoria if it is necessary for a final inspection to be completed for a carport?

Regards

AndrewS

Yes you do need a final inspection certificate if you built a carport. It may create problems when you seel if you dont. Ultimatley it becomes the owners responsibilty, because lf the builder tells you to jump and you are in a hurry to prepare a section 32, you do not have time to take legal action (which would be a waste of time) The building Surveyor who issued the permit needs to carry out the final inspection and issue the certifucate. The building surveyor will be the same one who issued the permit. You may also have to pay a fee because the permit would now have lapsed.

regars

TBS :D

Back