Finance Counsellor

I know there are such things as Wealth Coaches, Mentors etc, but is there a wealth counsellor?

Someone who can listen to all my gripes and moaning about trying to get started, not having a deposit and the like?

I know there are such things as Wealth Coaches, Mentors etc, but is there a wealth counsellor?

Someone who can listen to all my gripes and moaning about trying to get started, not having a deposit and the like?

Yes his name is Dazz and conveniently he is also located in Perth.

He is sympathetic, empathetic, understanding and loves to hear how hard it is too get started and why he had it so easy. He may even throw you a property or two just to help out.

He will be wearing a kaftan and smoking a pipe during the sessions.

THIS FORUM IS A WEALTH COACH/COUNCILLOR IF YOU WANT IT TO BE.

You do realise that the very first thing anyone will say is look at your current money movements and habits, and tidy up that little mess if there is one.

Most folk simply don't want to go there; too hard/boring/bad news they don't want to face up, etc.

First lesson; write down every single cent you spend in one month (3 months is better because some bills are quarterly).

Second lesson; decide on a % of your gross income you will set aside each paycheck for use only for investing.

Third; talk to one of the very terrific brokers here on SS who can assist in setting up your loan structures for point no.2 to be operated from.

Fourth; keep reading, learning and more importantly - taking action on the gems you learn here on SS.

You can send my fee by EFT - I'll PM you my details. :D

Yes - funded by your Tax dollars

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/services/centrelink/financial-information-service-seminars

They're quite good for basics like accounting, managed fund selections, how shares work, basic property investing etc..... and it's "free" because you have paid for it already.

The Y-man

A wealth counsellor should be a wealth man or a millionaire. Otherwise, how can he be credited as wealth counsellor. However, wealth man or a millionaire rarely give his time to train others unless his relatives/closed friends

The best way for you should be to learn by yourself from this forum, books and collect from other resources. It depends on your intelligence and luck.

Wealth is 80% correct Mindset x 20% applied Strategy.

In other words, How you Think is four times more important than How you Plan on achieving it.

As you thinketh so shall you become.

If you are moaning and looking at what you don't have you will never get ahead. You will simply create a lot more of it.

Food for thought.

Asking someone on less than $100k pa salary on how to grow your wealth is pretty funny I must say.

Is that $100k gross or net? Before or after tax deductions? What if they're self employed and choose not to pay themselved dispite running a very profitable business? (The Google founders have taken a nominal salary of $1 in the past).

A wealth counsellor should be a wealth man or a millionaire. Otherwise, how can he be credited as wealth counsellor. However, wealth man or a millionaire rarely give his time to train others unless his relatives/closed friends

The best way for you should be to learn by yourself from this forum, books and collect from other resources. It depends on your intelligence and luck.

Some good points. How would one determine if someone is a millionare or not? Interestingly enough, most millionaires don't actually brag about it.

One of my clients owns a substantal portfolio of properties. He's got a job that pays $140k pa in IT, wears T-shirts and jeans to the office. He rents and drives a modest car. Due to depreciation and other deductions his taxable income is $40k pa. At 29 he's single and a millionaire several times over. In his own words he's done okay but it's not a big deal.

Someone else I know only has a smallish portfolio of properties, but due to some clever structuring of vairous investments and a lot of hard work has acheived a passive income of about $150k pa. He still works and could have a taxable income of $200k pa but chooses to hold much of the money in trusts where much is reinvested and thus has a personal taxable income of less than $80k pa. Nice to have the choice!

Both people have worked with and helped others to acheive similar results but it's not something they advertise or share easily.

This forum is one of the best places to get a lot of information, but you still need to follow your own path. If you go back into some really old posts you'll find things from people who were considered 'gurus' but have long found their own success. Here's a classic post from about 12 years ago, I think NigelW is the only contributer still active:

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=859

I've actually found that in the more successful cases, the mentor finds the student, not the other way around.

Why would someone want to listen to dribble like this? Register with Today tonight and maybe they can feature you in the next story they do about Nathan as an oposing view on why everything is so hard ;)

Is that $100k gross or net? Before or after tax deductions? What if they're self employed and choose not to pay themselved dispite running a very profitable business? (The Google founders have taken a nominal salary of $1 in the past).

Come on let's be sensible.

Why would you bring the Google founders out or people whose companies earn $10m+ pa and pay themselves $50k salary? You know what I mean and so does everyone. Not a linguistics class here.

$100k net or gross. Same thing.

Actually there is a difference between a finance counsellor and a wealth creation counsellor. I am an expert at budgeting on a very low income. I spent ten years listening to people whinging about how hard done by they are when I was involved in counselling at the local churches. I'm qualified!

I guess I'm saying you can't judge someone by an income statement, how they promote themselves or even a balance sheet. I've met plenty of extremely wealthy or successful people who I wouldn't want to be mentored by as well. It's not that I don't respect them, but I don't have the same path either.

I gotta agree though. I've met quite a few, "Life Coaches", who's life looks like a complete mess to me.

Kudos to ok180 however, most mentors will help people overcome challenges, but they don't want to hear people whinge for the sake of it.

Its funny how a lil bit of focus can change your circumstances.

Ive finally got a casual job, on the shovel, and the jobs there for the next 12 - 18 mnths.

Im earning 850 nett for 49hrs p/wk. If I can save 250 p/wk I'll definitely put away $1k per mnth. Hopefully.

Ive also $12,800 in savings.

By xmas i'll have 20k and im priced out of the middle suburbs so my focus is on the lower entry areas.

20k savings + 6 months casual employment + gd cred history + pretty much meet all the basics.

Hopefully I qualify for a mortgage somewhere, im looking to use my capital for a 5% deposit. Hoping to capitalise some of my expenses too. (97% loan).

Hope it makes sense, what do ya think?

Its funny how a lil bit of focus can change your circumstances.

Ive finally got a casual job, on the shovel, and the jobs there for the next 12 - 18 mnths.

Im earning 850 nett for 49hrs p/wk. If I can save 250 p/wk I'll definitely put away $1k per mnth. Hopefully.

Ive also $12,800 in savings.

By xmas i'll have 20k and im priced out of the middle suburbs so my focus is on the lower entry areas.

20k savings + 6 months casual employment + gd cred history + pretty much meet all the basics.

Hopefully I qualify for a mortgage somewhere, im looking to use my capital for a 5% deposit. Hoping to capitalise some of my expenses too. (97% loan).

Hope it makes sense, what do ya think?

3mths in the job

3 to 6 mths savings history

u are on the ladder

95 % is more likley now unless you can owner occ

ta
rolf

cheers rolf,

So that means in 3 months i'll have 15-16k saved up + 3 months solid, but casual employment - which I intend to stay at a bit longer.

Youre saying I can get a 95% loan somewhere, great, who do you recommend?

That means I have enough for a 5% deposit - 15,000 on an income producing property somewhere.

So if I find a place in the early 200k's to 250k I could buy.

However my next problem is all the other fees, which amount to around the $10,000 figure. This will take me another year of working to save it up.

Unless I can loan it all some how?

Anyone know a good, affordable accountant in perth?

Back