First Subdivision - Help Needed

Hi SS Forumites,

I am planning to do my first sub division; need advice as to whether its feasible and if it is what logical steps I should take

Current situation:

block size: 605 sq m
Council: Brimbank City Council (Victoria)
Type: Rectangular
No overlay

Attachment shows the layout of land and current house (scale 1cm = 150 cm) in the attached picture

Frontage: 9.93 cm (1490 cm actual; 15 m)
Depth: 26.4 cm (3960 cm actual; 40 m)

Setback for current house from the fence is
5cm left corner (when standing in front of house) ; 750 cm actual
6.2cm right corner (when standing in front of house) ; 930 cm actual

Width of the driveway from side fence to front wall is 3.7cm ; 555 cm actual
Along the way driveway gets narrower; so width of driveway from side fence to back wall is 1.9cm ; 290 cm actual

Current garage is behind the house, so car can go all the way into the garage.

There is also a carport in the driveway (my understanding is it would be removed if subdivision takes place)

My plan:

Remove the car port
Remove the garage
For the front house can I move the garage to the front of house because set back is lot (garage can easily fit in)

If not then after moving the garage behind the existing house; would I be left with enough space to build at the back

Any ideas / thoughts would be appreciated

Currently 3 blocks from place there is 2 unit development of land exactly my size (identical frontage and depth); however it was vacant; so 2 could go in easily

What options I have; so that I can keep the current house?

Feel free to pass along architects/townplanners contacts as I would need their assistance down the line

Total newbie to this, so need to know the feasibility of the project and approx costs.

Regards,
TV

Attachments

• IMG_0409[1].jpg
    IMG_0409[1].jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 98
Hi tvadera,

I'm conducting my own subdivision/development as well. Can you PM me the address? I can find out your zoning etc to see what you can do on it, plus I can pass you some architect/TP who may be able to assist you.

Back