Flabbergasted - $5K for external paint for eaves and fascia

This is probably kind of a rant.

Just got a quote to paint the outside of property, eaves and fascia, plus window frames and wooden bits on the front of property.

Quote? $5.4K inc. GST for
- Waterblast eaves and fascia, 1 coat binder, 2 coat Taubmans all weather
- Windows 2 coats of taubmans all weather
:eek:

No paint on external wall, all bricks and I don't want them painted.

The heck? Either something about painting eaves and fascia that makes it very hard, or he doesn't want to do the job :confused:

Rant over

This is probably kind of a rant.

Just got a quote to paint the outside of property, eaves and fascia, plus window frames and wooden bits on the front of property.

Quote? $5.4K inc. GST for
- Waterblast eaves and fascia, 1 coat binder, 2 coat Taubmans all weather
- Windows 2 coats of taubmans all weather
:eek:

No paint on external wall, all bricks and I don't want them painted.

The heck? Either something about painting eaves and fascia that makes it very hard, or he doesn't want to do the job :confused:

Rant over

A quote's a quote. Did you ask him to quote it? Did he charge you for it?

Painting eaves and fascia can be tricky, it's all brush work and you're up and down ladders a thousand times if there's no good access for scaffold.

Depends on how big the house is as well.

NHG (on Somersoft) runs a painting business. Maybe ask him to give you a quote?

I asked for a quote

I got my 3 bed house in Brisbane painted for $3300 for internal and external, including eaves, all walls and trims, hence this one was :eek:

Yeah, some guys I think just shop for "suckers".

By suckers, I mean people who don't try and get more than one quote.

Cool, I'm not one then :)

Haha definitely not. I get it at work all the time.

Call a tradie up: "Mate, you need to sharpen your pencil, you're 15% more expensive"

*5 minutes later*

"Oh! I accidentally doubled a quantity, here is a price magically in line with the 15% reduction!"

Rant over

That's the way quotes work, very easy to paint surface areas on walls,but once you get into the eaves-fasica it take a lot more "time" and depending on the sqm's surface area preptime height-factor ,I have a tenant that runs a painting company with high flow main road traffic from one of our rentals he targets old qld's and from what he tells me the price is above 17k for inside and out fences,but he is a first class Painter always with several jobs word of mouth in front of him,and can paint a straight line freehand and match colour like no one I have ever seen..

Hi EN710, I got a quote recently in Adelaide to paint all external walls, gutters, facias, under eaves for $1950
This painter quoted just external brick walls for $1200

In the end, I got another painter to do all the external brick walls (tired white colour) for $980 excl GST but includes all labour, paint and high water pressuring the dirt off all the external walls. Dulux weathershield 2 coats or as many coats as it would take to properly cover the old paint.

That's the way quotes work, very easy to paint surface areas on walls,but once you get into the eaves-fasica it take a lot more "time" and depending on the sqm's surface area preptime height-factor ,I have a tenant that runs a painting company with high flow main road traffic from one of our rentals he targets old qld's and from what he tells me the price is above 17k for inside and out fences,but he is a first class Painter always with several jobs word of mouth in front of him,and can paint a straight line freehand and match colour like no one I have ever seen..

For super wonderful PPOR when I'm rich, maybe I'd like the best painter ever, but for dilapidated IP with low-medium income target market this price is killing me

Hi EN710, I got a quote recently in Adelaide to paint all external walls, gutters, facias, under eaves for $1950

In the end, I got another painter to do all the external brick walls (tired white colour) for $980 excl GST but includes all labour, paint and high water pressuring the dirt off all the external walls. Dulux weathershield 2 coats or as many coats as it would take to properly cover the old paint.

Sounds about right for external?
Darn, I might try posting on gumtree instead, my PM is hopeless when it comes to cheap tradies here :(
I wish I can clone the QLD PM you recommended to NSW

I feel your pain.
I have been battling strata forever in regards to painting our fascias.
The problem is, with external, they may need cherry pickers.
These jack up the costs.

I feel your pain.
I have been battling strata forever in regards to painting our fascias.
The problem is, with external, they may need cherry pickers.
These jack up the costs.

Got 2 quotes from gutter repairers - $830 to cover all fascias with colorbond metal. I thought if I can just get all external painted with that price instead, I kill 2 birds in one stone. Let's see what the other painter give me.

Got 2 quotes from gutter repairers - $830 to cover all fascias with colorbond metal. I thought if I can just get all external painted with that price instead, I kill 2 birds in one stone. Let's see what the other painter give me.

Why not just go the colorbond option and then not repaint in 5 years?

The first painter who had great reviews - I found on true local
The second painters who I engaged to do the job - I found on gumtree Adelaide. They advertised their services with their ABN and licence number. I don't need to pay them till they get the job done and my property manager inspects their work.

The first painter who had great reviews - I found on true local
The second painters who I engaged to do the job - I found on gumtree Adelaide. They advertised their services with their ABN and licence number. I don't need to pay them till they get the job done and my property manager inspects their work.

Ok, just contacted a couple of handyman and painter on gumtree. Hoping I can get more reasonable quote

Try Paul from Paul's Home Maintenance & Renovations (0403569775). We found him on Truelocal. He was really reasonable and did a thorough job painting the inside of our Investment property at Pennant Hills.

Back