Floor polishing recommendation - SE Melbourne

Hi,
Can someone recommend a cost effective floor sander and polisher in SE suburbs Melbourne which you have used and happy with the results. Can you also share how much they charged.

I am looking for the results like in the attached link. Is it something special they have done (like tinting or special kind of wood)

Nice floorboard 1

Nice floorboard 2

Wooden floors like that often sell for more and sought after by property buyers. Its nice complementing your floor with varnishing solutions to harmonise your interiors furnishings. I have seen several floor sanding companies in the local directory, just dont know the about price. You might as well ask, they give estimates for free so you can sort your budget.

Ofcourse. But these wooden floors are exceptional, not sure how they got yellowish color (normally color is brown), smoothness and the tint.

I used a local guy, Clint Fudge http://www.clintfudgefloorsanding.com.au/

I can thoroughly recommend him.

We ended up having to replace the whole floor anyway, (long story), but if you're boards are OK and just need sanding back and clear coating it worked out around $35 per m2 if I recall. Which was about the same as all the other quotes we got. We did get a few cheaper quotes, but the quality of their work and attention to detail just didn't look as good. One thing you'll notice about Clint is that, although he's been doing it a long time, he still LOVES sanding floors!

If you need a stain then it is a LOT more expensive as there is a lot more work involved. I think i was around $50+ m2 to have a stain, then clear coat over.

The final color, if you don't use a stain, primarily depends on the wood you're working with. We ended up laying reclaimed Tassie Oak throughout, once sanded back it looked almost white, but the clear coat brought it up an awesome, deep, rich natural looking color.

Clint's a good dude and will be able to give you heaps of examples.

There's a thread on one of my blogs showing what we did to ours, (unfortunately there are no pics of the finished product as yet as I just didn't get round to it, but you can see the sanding process etc).

http://thisoldhouse.blog.com/

Can't help you with recommendations in Melbourne, but I got my floors refinished a couple of weeks ago in Sydney.
My boards were all cupping and needed a good sanding to get them all flat and level.
I used www.serviceseeking.com.au and was very happy with the service and result.
Price for comparison for 75sqm was $18/m.

Back