Flu season

Well - can officially say I've had my first ever bout of flu. What a shocker. Lost over a week drooling in fever and green gunk! Now on day 10 and finally starting to come right after a course of antibiotics.

So, who else has caught this new strain of lurgy this year, so that we can have a group hug and sympathise?

Day 2 of being confined to bed.

I'm starting to feel a bit better. At least I'm not changing from shivering to sweating every 5 minutes now.

Got mine on 1st July with a cold fever and the shakes and it lasted until about the 13th with two courses of anti-biotics. Took me about 4 weeks before I could walk at a reasonable pace without hacking up gunk. No pleasant. :(

All this after I miss my free flu shots here at work because I was too busy and thought I would not get it this year. :mad:

Not the flu but the common cold has struck for me!!!

On day 2 of it... hopefully it doesn't develop into a flu of some sort!!!!

I'm into my 3rd week with really bad cold/flu. I had some flu symptoms like aches and pains and fever but the worst part was the cough! Three times in the first week I had that cough that just starts at bad times and you can't stop. I had tears and was trying to gasp in communication to the butcher who was at a loss to help me during a bad cough attack. I eventually grabbed the meat and dashed out waving. :eek:

Truly bad. The good news is I feel better today, just tired. So nice to feel a bit 'normal' again.

Group hug

No antibiotics are often given to help with secondary infections ie. sinus etc.

There has been mention of 'green gunk' which indicates a bacterial infection (Urk..)

I didn't take any this time round and I didn't see a doctor as I got 'bad' but not that 'Bad' IYWKIM. And I had nothing that a doctor could help with :eek:.

Wylie, don't fret, I had paid and it was the normal chit chat about paying that brought on the coughing. (I shouldn't talk at all when the tickle starts) Thankfully, I was the only customer at the time, and was rewarded with such a look of compassion and sympathy from the butcher it was (almost) worth the embarrassment. This is my excitement as a SAHM at the moment sigh

I didn't think antibiotics did anything against viruses like the flu.

True - which is why I avoided them until it settled itself into a shocker chest infection (which they do work on).

Apparently the flu shots are not much use this year as we're facing a whole new strain.

The flu vaccine still covers around 11 or so of the most common flu viruses going around, so definately still helps - it's just this year, for what ever reason there were a few viruses that did not make the concoction.

Back