Flying in the face of unemployment figures!

Here I am again going in the opposite direction to everybody else!

Whilst unemployment is apparently about to go through the roof I am happy to report that not only did my eldest finally get a job about 8 weeks ago but this week I went to 2 interviews and have received 2 job offers! Either I can work with a new custom home builder, they build to suit your block or I can go down the route of working for a regular real estate agency.

However now that I have seen how the commission scheme works in agencies and as I am concerned about the cut throat nature of the business (which is not my style anyway) this is highly unlikely as not only is the other job more in keeping with my interests but it will be a lot more lucrative for me. As I would learn all aspects of the business it will be useful in the future for developments that we may do.

Happy days!

Slay 'em Sparky.

The employment rate is now what 93-94%? As i've always said there's always a job out there if you want one.

Project 1080

The project: 10 IPs in 80 mths.

One of my mates had a good phrase -

"There are two types of people - employed and unemployable".

Well done Sparky.

"There are two types of people - employed and unemployable".

I think may business owners (me included) fall into the "unemployable" category - which is why they start their own businesses. :p

Good onya Sparky. Sales is a skillset you can use for life - and is tranferrable across many industries. You'll never be unemployed unless you want to be.:p

It's always interesting being in an industry where commissioned sales people call themselves "consultants".
Even the agencies don't do this much anymore.
Good luck.

Back