Framing only, ready for lining.

Hi guys,

Quick question. What does this sentence mean in relation to a house build:

"It includes all the internal walls, but framing only, ready for lining."

Does this mean I need something else or not? A bit confusing for a noob :confused:

It will be a steel frame - so it means just the steel - and then I get the builder to provide the gyprock or whatever materials...?

It will be a steel frame - so it means just the steel - and then I get the builder to provide the gyprock or whatever materials...?

Thats correct, you will need to provide all the internal finishes, plasterboard, plywood, whatever you specify really

The quote I have is for the lock up stage materials - it seems strange they would provide the materials for the outside walls and not the inside walls?

If there are no external walls, can you lock it up? ;)

internal walls (generally) shouldn't be fitted until external walls are up for weather etc.

The quote I have is for the lock up stage materials - it seems strange they would provide the materials for the outside walls and not the inside walls?

Well it depends on the price. Obviously if they don't do the interior walls it costs you less money.

Surely it would be more cost effective to provide a little more material for the walls than not...

Thanks guys for the help.

Anyway next question:

This is what an agent emailed today regarding a property I can buy dirt cheap - but with a good reason!

"On the inside there is electricity, but no plumbing, also it needs a septic system. It's only a guess but around $50,000 to finish it off."

Would it really cost $50k for this?

I would think 10k-15k at most.

In which case I will try get 30-40k off and I'll be even further ahead than before!

Does it have mains water or does it need tanks?

Are the walls open so a plumber can install piping?

If mains you have to start at the meter, if there is one, and then get it to the building.

You need to supply to the hot water system as well as all the outlets where you want water, kitchen, bathroom, laundry etc.

Not much point having kitchen or bath taps without a sink or bath for it to run into.

Not much point having a sink or bath without somewhere for it to drain to.

Did I mention the crapper? :D

It's not just the cost of the plumber, but all the fittings that need to go with it.

Septic tank can be as little as $7500 or as much as $50K if it is near a creek or water / beach / island. :eek:

Everything has to be done to specification by licensed contractor and signed off by inspector so no DIY here

Hi guys,

Quick question. What does this sentence mean in relation to a house build:

"It includes all the internal walls, but framing only, ready for lining."

Does this mean I need something else or not? A bit confusing for a noob :confused:

Maybe they just supply the base frame, inside is open so plumbers, electricians etc can get in?

Are you looking to get it built cheap elsewhere and then transported to site, or some type of kit sent to site?

Back