Frankston North Houses At Record High In Slowing Market!

when i get the chance will pull out all the figures, block sizes, dates to justify my theory. you gotto work on hard stats annie. u know that right? :)

You are overcomplicating a very simple situation Melbournian. Best you go back to Calls, Puts and CFDs - these are areas where serious number crunchers sometimes win. But, knowing your penchant for pedanticity and speculation, you'd agonize all day with what number to apply for "i" in the Black Scholes model. :) (Ans: in Aust most use 90 day bank bills)

You are like so many IT people I know; you earn a great salary but find all manner of excuses not to invest. If a Random Walker like you saw $100 lying on the sidewalk you'd exclaim: "if that was a REAL $100 note, someone would have picked it up ages ago; therefore it's not real, it must be an illusion or a fake."

It's your prerogative Melbournian - no shame in being in cash. Nobody is forcing you to invest in low-status neighborhoods like North Frankston.

Aiyaaa!

what is wrong annie with giving you figures?

this is of course a public forum without prejudice against any suburb or person.

and i pose legitimate questions - and you instead choose to say i am of a certain nature and stereotype.

Investing is 2nd nature to me - i bought 5 last year so i don't make any excuses. i do it regularly not only on the stock end but hands on in renovating, subdivision, choosing places to buy, higher returns - i have hold property since i was 22 years old so i know the process end to end,, from the analysis, purchase, return (yield) to the marketing, to the sale.

And if i saw a $100 on the street, hell yeah i would pick it up. u kidding me?
come on u're a smart person annie - you surely can answer my questions on block size etc. sales figures etc.

Everything you asked for I've already explained. If I keep repeating myself, I will get denounced as a property spruiker and ramper. So yes, if you want the answers again as to what I'm doing, please scroll up and read again.......

Melbournian, none of this is rocket science. I'm amazed at how you overcomplicate the simplest of things. I expect you contemplate the tensile strength of cotton strands each time you tie your shoelaces ;) If it gives you comfort, so be it. Have you considered switching to synthetic laces? The downside is that these will cut through shoe leather.

My SIL is currently doing a subdiv on her property in The Pines. It is over 700sq/m

there you go a simple answer from bayview. thank you - all i wanted to hear.

if you have no answers annie to questions - just say you don't know, no need to go on by saying you will repeat yourself.. you never said how big your block was in the whole of the thread. and yes i think you are property spruiker in frankston north. (again nothing wrong with that!)

It is not overcomplicating things, investments are a big investment of money, maybe your money comes easy, but for me sorry i make it based on educated decisions. Lack of knowledge with personal attacks is just low for someone like yourself. It is different to just buy property and expect miracles to happen - that just shows lack of skill or know how as an investor.

FYI : i am genuine investor - and i want to know all the pros and CONS of frankston before doing so. in btw will provide some stats on sizes (you can thank me annie!)- at least doing my part of being constructive as oppose to getting upset about my questions.

Last edited:
you gotto work on hard stats annie. u know that right? :)
You're right, Melbournian. You've been very generous so far posting the data on this. It's important for the newbies who might be reading to know that the pre-eminent factor in this caper is the numbers. That - and knowing your market: what they do, what they earn, what rent they can afford, etc. I have lived in the area for 9 years and it's well-known that I'm generally a Frankston fan. But I wouldn't be paying $300k right now for 600sqm in 3200 when a small premium will get into 3199, an area where more people want to live and without 12% of dwellings being public housing.

So in essence the validity of your argument is that the quality of a post/thread is determined by the duration of membership to this forum.

You have been 'around' for a while, so in your opinion, this forum should only contain posts that serve as information for someone with a longer membership spann.

Mmmm ok.

By the way i have been around longer than the time of my joining as per Intrinsic Value.

I never ever said that, what I mentioned is that when someone relatively new person comes into the forum and sprukes up a particular suburb beyond the normal call of a investor, hence I believe its a real estate agent or a buyers agent. and that people who have been here for years on end, have all seen it done before, when I first joined a share forum many years ago, I bought some shares because a similar thing happened, the share tanked. so I learnt my lesson, it was very expensive, and had the share done well, it would have just been pot luck

so what im saying is that we've all seen it done before, people have already picked up on it immediately, if a new person comes on to the forum, you would want to provide as accurate and as unbiased information as possible

You're right, Melbournian. You've been very generous so far posting the data on this. It's important for the newbies who might be reading to know that the pre-eminent factor in this caper is the numbers. That - and knowing your market: what they do, what they earn, what rent they can afford, etc. I have lived in the area for 9 years and it's well-known that I'm generally a Frankston fan. But I wouldn't be paying $300k right now for 600sqm in 3200 when a small premium will get into 3199, an area where more people want to live and without 12% of dwellings being public housing.

thanks ms jade

here are some stats (sorted by size of land!)

Street Name Date Sold Size Price

Mitre Cr Dec 2010 1058 335000
Ribbon Ct Jan 2011 984 320000
Armata Cr Dec 2010 797 357000
Lacenet Av April 2009 745 219000
Aurea Ct Feb 2010 745 260000
Moreton St July 2010 727 380000
Windoo St May 2010 718 303000
Windoo St Oct 2009 715 260200
Jarrah Ct March 2010 715 280000
Monterey Blvd Oct 2010 706 300000
Bouvardia Cr July 2010 704 294000
Norfolk Cr Nov 2009 700 264000
Windoo St May 2010 700 300000

These are the only worthwhile sizes that were sold. Others are just too small block sizes. So it is really just a handful in frankston north. Again without looking at the actual block - as some could be easily divided whereless some could be harder and would require the existing house to be demolished.

i would say 280-300K is a good buy for anything above 700sqm. Best buy which was sold was the 1058sqm as it could possibly be subdivided into 3 thereby making it a very good investment (in terms of potential CG)

that's understanding the suburb as opposed to just ranting abt the suburb.

I am sharing my own experiences with anyone who cares to read my posts. Nobody is being forced to read what I write or buy what i buy. I've never claimed a monopoly on all wisdom and have frequently asked market outperformers to share their own experiences.

I've repeatedly told people to do their homework. I've often said that the suburb isn't for everyone - its a cheap, working class neighborhood. Just because its been good to me does not mean it will suit everyone. If people consider my conduct to be spruiking, so be it.

Melbournian, I've been pretty open with what I'm doing. Perhaps YOU can share your own experiences? You claim to have been in and out of 5 properties. Care to share, as I have been doing? What suburbs were YOU in? Or, like Token Funder aka Don Quixote, will you be silent about where you have bought and how long you have held?

PS. Good luck with Black Scholes and "i"......its a bit mind numbing isn't it? And if you are relying on Feng Shui, good luck to you - you clearly have a scientific and methodical mind when it comes to investing. I get the feeling you belong in SS more than i do.

I am sharing my own experiences with anyone who cares to read my posts. Nobody is being forced to read what I write or buy what i buy. I've never claimed a monopoly on all wisdom and have frequently asked market outperformers to share their own experiences.

I've repeatedly told people to do their homework. I've often said that the suburb isn't for everyone - its a cheap, working class neighborhood. Just because its been good to me does not mean it will suit everyone. If people consider my conduct to be spruiking, so be it.

Melbournian, I've been pretty open with what I'm doing. Perhaps YOU can share your own experiences? You claim to have been in and out of 5 properties. Care to share, as I have been doing? What suburbs were YOU in? Or, like Token Funder aka Don Quixote, will you be silent about where you have bought and how long you have held?

PS. Good luck with Black Scholes and "i"......its a bit mind numbing isn't it? And if you are relying on Feng Shui, good luck to you - you clearly have a scientific and methodical mind when it comes to investing. I get the feeling you belong in SS more than i do.

Annie, I have houses on 800 sqm, 701sqm and 650sqm blocks and it does no harm to have the option to subdivide down the track however owning a block of land that can be subdivided is one thing, whether or not the numbers make it worthwhile is another.
It's not Melbournian's fault that the statistics are what they are and that 500sqm blocks in Frankston Nth have sold for $160,000.

80% of my properties lie in the southbank, south melbourne and melbourne CBD (which are apartments). the rest of the 20% are lots of land in point cook, townhouse in wantirna south, house in doncaster east, unit in box hill. etc. No rocket science (just analytical analysis to achieve the highest returns) -all hold and all positively geared.

annie lumen;788131? PS. Good luck with Black Scholes and "i"......its a bit mind numbing isn't it? And if you are relying on Feng Shui said:
Hi annie

Why is it that on one thread you are crucifying others for racism and cultural insensitivity, but here you actively partake when your money is involved?:eek::eek:

Hi annie

Why is it that on one thread you are crucifying others for racism and cultural insensitivity, but here you actively partake when your money is involved?:eek::eek:

Racism? I have never called any forumites racist so far. Please don't put words in my mouth. There's nothing racist in "Black Scholes" by the way - its a means by which options can be valued.

Cultural insensitivity? Are you referring to my rant against rapists in the military who go unpunished. :rolleyes: Or my reference to feng shui? Really, I've got nothing against feng shui. Whatever floats your boat mate. If it works, do it.

Money? Yes, I like to make a few dollars once in awhile. Don't you?

Racism? I have never called any forumites racist so far. Please don't put words in my mouth. There's nothing racist in "Black Scholes" by the way - its a means by which options can be valued.

Cultural insensitivity? Are you referring to my rant against rapists in the military who go unpunished. :rolleyes: Or my reference to feng shui? Really, I've got nothing against feng shui. Whatever floats your boat mate. If it works, do it.

Well Annie, all your subdivision theory on a 600sqm block in Frankston Nth will do is do a pair of first home buyers a favor because there won't be any money in that will there?

Annie

Never claimed that you called other forumites racist,read my post again.

You are the one putting words into someones mouth.

Wasn`t referring to "Black Scholes".

What I was referring to was this part of your post

" And if you are relying on Feng Shui, good luck to you - you clearly have a scientific and methodical mind when it comes to investing."

This sarcasm and insensitivity in your post would rank along with calling an Afghani a raghead.

To quote from Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_shui

"Victorian-era commentators on feng shui were generally ethnocentric, and as such skeptical and derogatory of what they knew of feng shui"

thanks ms jade

here are some stats (sorted by size of land!)

Street Name Date Sold Size Price

Mitre Cr Dec 2010 1058 335000
Ribbon Ct Jan 2011 984 320000
Armata Cr Dec 2010 797 357000
Lacenet Av April 2009 745 219000
Aurea Ct Feb 2010 745 260000
Moreton St July 2010 727 380000
Windoo St May 2010 718 303000
Windoo St Oct 2009 715 260200
Jarrah Ct March 2010 715 280000
Monterey Blvd Oct 2010 706 300000
Bouvardia Cr July 2010 704 294000
Norfolk Cr Nov 2009 700 264000
Windoo St May 2010 700 300000

These are the only worthwhile sizes that were sold. Others are just too small block sizes. So it is really just a handful in frankston north. Again without looking at the actual block - as some could be easily divided whereless some could be harder and would require the existing house to be demolished.

i would say 280-300K is a good buy for anything above 700sqm. Best buy which was sold was the 1058sqm as it could possibly be subdivided into 3 thereby making it a very good investment (in terms of potential CG)

that's understanding the suburb as opposed to just ranting abt the suburb.

My block is 680sqm, I bought it for $280k (Feb '10), it's solid brick and has the potential to keep the existing property at the front and to build a property at the back - at the right time.

My block is 680sqm, I bought it for $280k (Feb '10), it's solid brick and has the potential to keep the existing property at the front and to build a property at the back - at the right time.

good luck to you.
it will cost more to build at the back and 680sqm is actually the higher end to 700sqm so it's not a bad size. Hope the numbers add up and get some capital gain out of it.

Back