Frankston North

Found this thread almost everyone had positive view about Frankston North area. However still keen to learn from lesson if any. Appreciated those tips 600 sqm as minimum.

More post= more experience? Doubt it
Just came from Perth to Mel two months ago. Seeking 14th and 15th IP, this thread also suggested by my friend too. Looking forward to learning more everyday.

Fair call, just thought you may have been a REA, seems alot open up multiple accounts and try talk down and up certain areas.
Sozzler.

My greatest regret is not listening to you guys about Frankston!

I was in no position to buy at the time, but about 2 years ago I could have bought a house at about $230 K, I was saving money as I had just bought 2 IP's and have little savings left.

I was ready to buy early this year but saw that prices had gone up to $330 K. I'm shattered. I instead bought in marsden in SE Qld.

Frankston is the one that got away from me just as I was about ready to buy. Its so frustrating.

My greatest regret is not listening to you guys about Frankston! .

Not too late if you do the homework. Still possible to find dual occ sites in Frankston for around $335k + And for much less in Frankston North - the median there is still less than $300k so there will be many bargains to be found. Remember, if you plan to develop its better to buy houses on blocks that are 600sqm+ in size. Obviously, if you want a PPOR, then size matters much less.

Fair call, just thought you may have been a REA, seems alot open up multiple accounts and try talk down and up certain areas.Sozzler.

The RE Agents talk DOWN areas. Why? Because a cheaper house is easier to sell and these guys work on volume. Right now, the average sale time in Frankston is a mere 12 days. The adverts stay on Domain etc long after houses are sold to drum up prospective buyers.

I agree with all the PRO Frankston North members, this area is so ripe for Gentrification. It's the last remaining bastion of affordable Housing in the s/e bayside area. Massive blocks, infrastructure galore. How could you lose

This one at 32 Jenkens st, sold for $227,500 according to the Herald Sun

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-frankston+north-106647911

Still some cheapies to be had. Obviously need a bit of work but a great IP for the price I would think.

Cheers

Might have been sold off to someone in the family, didn't have ps private sale or auction just said s sale.

I was very happy today driving down the street that my I.P is in, the council have planted out the entire street and surrounding streets with new native street trees, really makes a big difference aesthetically. Stoked!

I noticed on the street where we have an investment property two houses across the roaad built front fences on them. They look pretty good. Makes my place look a but shabby, but why should I complain.

The area is improving.

Apparently houses towards the Peninsula Link have gone up by over 20%, I'd say that figure is about right. I'd say our property has gone up 25% from when we bought less than 6 months ago.

Rent Forecast

I think almost everyone here own his/her IP(s) in FN. Any idea about your IP's rate in near future?
i.e. I have one currently leasing $250 and seeking to increase at least 10% ($275-$285) within 12 months.

i Agree With All The Pro Frankston North Members, This Area Is So Ripe For Gentrification. It's The Last Remaining Bastion Of Affordable Housing In The S/e Bayside Area. Massive Blocks, Infrastructure Galore. How Could You Lose

Hi Property Pig

All Sounds Good However There One Thing In Which It Is Very Important As Popullation Of Frankston Does Not Seem To Be Growing Fast And Good Enough Like Casey,whyindam, Hum Wittlesea,etc , To Have Good Effect On Cg
Any This Should Be A Concern As Far As Investor In Concerned

Hi Property Pig

All Sounds Good However There One Thing In Which It Is Very Important As Popullation Of Frankston Does Not Seem To Be Growing Fast And Good Enough Like Casey,whyindam, Hum Wittlesea,etc , To Have Good Effect On Cg
Any This Should Be A Concern As Far As Investor In Concerned

That's a silly thing to say, all those areas you mentioned have new houses being built and alot of vacant land, Frankston is a established area, I mentioned a gentrification process where a better class of owners and renters are moving to the area pushing up prices. Of course areas with alot of new housing estates being built have higher population growth

The new zonings for Frankston mean that two houses can be built on lots where there were previously one. This will result in a gradual and sustainable increase in population. Major retailers and infrastructure like hospitals, universities etc are in place to cope with the increase in population when it happens.

That's a silly thing to say, all those areas you mentioned have new houses being built and alot of vacant land, Frankston is a established area, I mentioned a gentrification process where a better class of owners and renters are moving to the area pushing up prices. Of course areas with alot of new housing estates being built have higher population growth

according to statistic between 2010-2031 popllation growth for frankston would be 8642 people to be exact and this growth should have some effect on growth (low demand for properties) to some extend.
Home - Frankston City - Frankston City 2006 to 2031 - Forecast.id
Home - Shire of Melton - Shire of Melton 2006 to 2031 - Forecast.id®
Home - City of Wyndham - City of Wyndham 2006 to 2031 - Forecast.id®
Home - Hume City - Hume City Council 2006 to 2031 - Forecast.id®

i do agree with you in the case of many new houses been build in the areas i mentioned and this has resulted in the increase of popullation in these areas.
some suburbs within cities of hum,wyndham and melton such as cragieburne,tarneit and south melton has a lote of vacant land which might not be that good for CG for established houses in years to come.

in the case of frankston been close to water and limited supply of land is two good things for CG ,however if popullation is not growing is not increasing fast and big is not a good thing for CG (demand and supply) i reckon.

according to statistic between 2010-2031 popllation growth for frankston woul popullation is not growing is not increasing fast and big is not a good thing for CG (demand and supply) i reckon.

Most houses in the local area are on blocks of 600sqm+. According to the local Council, each one of these blocks can be redeveloped and the older houses can be bowled over and replaced with two new ones. Population density will definitely increase, no doubt about it. The local council is very pro development.

Would you prefer to live in Melton or Frankston. Both areas are around 40km away from the city. Werribee is around 10km closer. However Werribee is very close to a water treatment plant. As for Craigburn, it maybe 25km away from the city however at the moment the only freeway to the city from Craigburn is the ring road which requires a detour. I would hate to be on Sydeny Road in peak hour.

Besides Werribee the other areas (especially Melton) I can't see being worth more than Frankston in the long term. Also there are better suburbs near Craigburn that I prefer, IE. Dallas.

Dallas??? Dont know anything about this area but being close to broadmeadows area, I instantly think of one word 'hostile'

haha listened to the radio this morning, seems like some young 20 y.o male is flashing ppl on the train up in that direction at Roxburgh Park.. :eek:

Dallas??? Dont know anything about this area but being close to broadmeadows area, I instantly think of one word 'hostile'

haha listened to the radio this morning, seems like some young 20 y.o male is flashing ppl on the train up in that direction at Roxburgh Park.. :eek:

Ditto.. I believe both Melton and Werribee are safe suburbs. They are better than Frankston and Craigieburn where civilians are attacked. The whole vicinity of Craigieburn and Frankston is dodgy..

Don't think only about distance from CBD and travel times, think about your safety also.

Ditto.. I believe both Melton and Werribee are safe suburbs. They are better than Frankston and Craigieburn where civilians are attacked. The whole vicinity of Craigieburn and Frankston is dodgy..

Don't think only about distance from CBD and travel times, think about your safety also.

With an increase to population this will only get worse:

http://wyndham-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/gang-bashing-in-werribee/

http://melton-leader.whereilive.com.au/news/story/station-a-risk-says-melton-councillor/

You've obviously got a vested interest in these suburbs. I believe the whole of the Northern and Western suburbs are dodgy... tit for tat.

Back