Full Steam Ahead for the North West Rail link!

Well it appears many of us may well be eating the cynical words of our past with Barry sticking to his promise to build the NW Rail link :D
Bring it on Barry!!
Press release Sep 7 2011:

"The North West Rail Link today passed a major milestone with the start of geotechnical drilling work on the NSW Government's priority rail infrastructure project.

NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell, Transport Minister Gladys Berejiklian and Treasurer Mike Baird today inspected drilling work at Old Northern Rd in Castle Hill, above what will be the new Castle Hill station.

The work will help engineers determine the exact underground conditions for the construction of Australia's longest rail tunnels.

The 2011-12 Budget, announced yesterday, allocated $314 million to the North West Rail Link project this year, with a provisional allocation of $2.5 billion over four years.

"The Budget delivers on our commitment to the people of the North West, and greater Sydney, to build this long-overdue rail link," Mr O'Farrell said"

http://www.nsw.liberal.org.au/news/transport/full-steam-ahead-on-north-west-rail-link

So how long do I have before I have to move?

Hehe twobobs I know you'll be selling up when it's official so maybe you'd better start planning in the next couple of years..... Mind you, if your place is subdividable and anywhere near one of the stations you might want to hold on a little longer :D

North West LInk

Hey Jacque

seeing you know where the new stations are going to be, i am curious as to what impact (positive or negative or neutral) is it going to be for my patch in Pennant Hills...

Last week a piece of land 500 sqm in Pennant HIlls was auctioned off for 626 K!:p

I took a walk around and could count the number of houses sold now to Asians...do they know something i don't ?? they are normally very cluey people when it comes to real estate....

Hey Jacque

seeing you know where the new stations are going to be, i am curious as to what impact (positive or negative or neutral) is it going to be for my patch in Pennant Hills...

Last week a piece of land 500 sqm in Pennant HIlls was auctioned off for 626 K!:p

I took a walk around and could count the number of houses sold now to Asians...do they know something i don't ?? they are normally very cluey people when it comes to real estate....

Have you had a chat with them?

I don't suspect the rail link will have any immediate positive impact on Pennant Hills, as most people from the Cherrybrook and even Castle hill areas currently rely on Pennant Hills Station to take them to work etc (minus the Hills Bus that takes them direct to the city in the mornings and evenings)

Obviously the rail link will negate the need to travel to Pennant hills which may even have a negative impact on Pennant Hills shops and its surrounding businesses.

On the plus side, Pennant Hills on the station side has traditionally been a leafy, safe and quiet suburb occupied primarily by older residents on massive blocks which are slowly on the way out with new developments popping up everywhere...so if and when Cherrybrook prices increase, it will be wedged between it and the pricier beecroft/cheltenham areas and may drive current prices slightly higher....

Cherrybrook remains very popular in particular to the Asian and Indian community, in my experience, largely due to the attraction of schools in the area (esp CTHS). When the rail link traverses through here it will have a vast impact and I have no doubt will see the suburbs of B/Hills, Castle Hill and Cherrybrook become the "north shore" of the north-west. I also like Pennant Hills and Thornleigh and surrounds for both their affordability compared to neighbouring suburbs and proximity too.

So they drilled some holes, won't be holding my breathe to see it happen.
Lived in the area for 40 years and have heard it is going to happen every 5 years or so.

Hope they prove me wrong

Ah TwoBobs why so cynical? Do you really think these areas are comparable.... c'mon!

Okay maybe not comparable, but I do think people are underestimating the changes to the area. It won't be like it is now with this great underground station you can zip on down to.

Castle Hill CBD will look as bad as hornsby, increased crime, increased local traffic. Property values up yes, quality of life in the hills.....

Okay maybe not comparable, but I do think people are underestimating the changes to the area. It won't be like it is now with this great underground station you can zip on down to.

Castle Hill CBD will look as bad as hornsby, increased crime, increased local traffic. Property values up yes, quality of life in the hills.....

Hornsby isn't really comparable as its always had a train line, but I hear what you're saying about the possible changes to the area. Naturally, it won't be the same but I don't see that as a bad thing. The days of the Hills being a far flung outpost from the cbd are long gone....

Hornsby isn't really comparable as its always had a train line, but I hear what you're saying about the possible changes to the area. Naturally, it won't be the same but I don't see that as a bad thing. The days of the Hills being a far flung outpost from the cbd are long gone....

I think Hornsby is also different as its a "hub" with several train lines joining and splitting off. Castle Hill will just be one station in a line, more similar to Pennant Hills or Beecroft.

Castle Hill will just be one station in a line, more similar to Pennant Hills or Beecroft.

I hope so but doubt it. Neither have major shopping centres or business hubs like castle hill. Developers know what's going to happen and are already planning as can be seen from the twin towers at gay street.

Back