Fun goals for 2011?

-Run first straight marathon, possibly Gold Coast(missed this year through injury).
-Paul Kelly concert.
-Busselton Ironman triathlon.

Cheers

Pete

2011:

I'd like to go to Korea again if it hasn't been nuked yet.

And I think it would be awesome fun to pay off my tax bill.

Maybe then I'll think about upgrading my aging car :)

1) Trip to Singapore & Phuket in February
2) Trip to QLD sometime in Oct/Nov
3) Start using my JetSki more on weekends - Havent been able to with the Melbourne weather of late

Fun trips

My ultimate dream trip would be to :

Travel from Sydney to Ireland as much by land as possible; going through Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, India , China, Eastern Europe , Western Europe all the time using local transport....tugging 3 kids in tow; actually i would like to retrace Marco Polo's trip but in reverse!

1. Buy IP

2. Get better at cooking

3. Start and stick to an exercise regime - getting fat and unhealthy sitting on my bum all day

4. End of yr trip to Europe/US

- Appreciate where I live and take more walks along the beach this Summer
- Do what I was going to do this year and finally get a piano teacher
- Go on a holiday, no idea where yet
- If I can stand to part with the money, renew my pilots license
- Start learning German

run a marathon.

ride around France following the tour.

get my research published.

If they all get done, I'll be a happy camper in 2011 :)

Goans for 2011...

1. Trip to NZ in March to see family

2. Get youngest off to kinder so I finally get some time back to myself

3. Get confident bike riding again

4. Walk the poor dog more

5. Buy 2nd IP, a beach one that we can live in one day

6. Lose the frustrating 5-10kg that haunt me since having babies

I could go on and on I think... I might write a proper list to stick up on the December page of the daggy calender I will no doubt get given for Christmas. That way, when Nov '11 ends and I turn the page for Dec, BAM it's there!

My 2011 fun will include:

1) Niagra Falls & SE Canada holiday
2) Grand Canyon & Las Vegas holiday
3) Mexico Resort holiday
4) Florida - Disneyland & NASA trip
5) Cirque du Soleil - Alegria, Totem, O and Zumanity (yep, all of them!)
6) Send my son to NASA spacecamp
7) Finish my masters
8) A whole bunch of weekend getaways & other family entertainment.

I'm building on a good 2010, which included, Japan, the UK, Transatlantic Cruise, NYC, Boston, Rhode Island, Canadian Rocky Mountains, Cirque de soleil, extended family Xmas in the USA etc. etc...

Life is about the journey, not the destination :D

I'm jealous...:D

2011 is the year I'm restructuring my property portfolio :)
I'll sell my old PPOR to pay down debt on my new PPOR .
I also want to reduce my land tax bill so I'll sell 2 IP's and will diversify more.

My property holding costs are almost zero at the moment but I have some non tax deductible debt which is restricting our lifestyle. I want to reduce debt because we plan to go on a long overseas holiday every year.

This year we travelled to 4 European countries.
Next year I want to go back and spend more time in 2 of them so I've planned a 6 week trip for August to get the addiction out of my system (if at all possible....)

I'd like to also travel to USA & Canada but it will have to be during Xmas & New year next year because I can't take any more time off work before then.

I would have gone to the US for Xmas this year (I love white Xmas) but I'm doing a small reno around that time so we won't be able to go

travel overseas for 4 weeks

Are you going to learn to walk on water first or have you fixed the flying thing?:D

Mine are:-
January- trip to Malaysia and Thailand
March/April- London then canal boat trip, Calais, Holland then Rhine river cruise then Prague.
July- Bali
October- somewhere else (or Bali)

Last daughters wedding? or engagement soon at least.

More IP's and renovating (I class that as fun).

This is a bit like that old marshmellow thread;

- I plan to make a bucket load more money mainly through a higher level international job posting in 2011

- Burn more money on frivolous pursuits; Raffles in Singapore, the orient express, african safari

- run more

- give more of myself to friendships and family

I just started a Bucket List and will be crossing at least one of the items off it next year. Intend to finally start getting tattoos in the next few months as well.

welcome my first grandchild:D
Make our farm a working proposition.
Do the 6k mini marathon on Bribie (OMG I can't believe I actually wrote that one!!!)
Have a holiday somewhere relaxing
learn to chill
learn French

You seem to like Bali :)
How's the cost of food and accommodation these days?

Yeah, Bali is my rumah kedua (second home). I go there when I haven't got time to organise trips elsewhere. I have lots of friends there. I like the fact that I can decide to go one day and jump on a plane the next day. Easy.:D

Prices have certainly gone up in the last few years. The $AUD being on parity with the US$ has helped.
I used to pay $20 a night for 2-3 star accom. Now it's difficult to get anything for $35. But having said that it's still very cheap in comparison to other places. Food is still very cheap. Over the last 5 years some fantastic restaurants have opened which would give 4 star restaurants here a run for their money. But prices are less than half of what you would pay here. Or you can eat cheaply at basic restaurants for a few dollars. My favourite restaurant for fried rice costs $2 with a chicken drumstick and egg on top. Home made lemon juice to go with it another $1.50.:p:p

Jan, Feb March:
Find and buy the elusive 4WD camper van, I'm searching for.
Set new PB lap times for Fuji, Tsukuba & Auto Polis racing circuits.
Off load all non essential household items.

April May: Head off in Camper around Japan with better half, kids and pet for next 6-9 months.

Christmas in OZ with family and friends.

Main overall aim is to say good bye to a stationary life and become a nomad on the road living off our IP's. 95% there and just a little while longer to go.

Goans for 2011...

1. Trip to NZ in March to see family

2. Get youngest off to kinder so I finally get some time back to myself

3. Get confident bike riding again

4. Walk the poor dog more

5. Buy 2nd IP, a beach one that we can live in one day

6. Lose the frustrating 5-10kg that haunt me since having babies

I could go on and on I think... I might write a proper list to stick up on the December page of the daggy calender I will no doubt get given for Christmas. That way, when Nov '11 ends and I turn the page for Dec, BAM it's there!

So I've bumped this old thread up as i'm keen to know if you did what you said you were in 2011! My updates
1. Went to NZ, loved every minute and must go again soon TICK
2. My son is now doing a second year of kinder so alls good TICK
3. I joined the gym and now excercise 3 times a week but the bike is still gathering dust! HALF TICK
4. Poor dog went to heaven so that one's kind of outta my hands... HALF TICK
5. 2nd IP is due for settlement in the couple of weeks, but it was bought purely as investment and isn't near a beach. HALF TICK
6. I have lost about 2 or 3kg but I've gained muscle and tone so I'm happy with that, and I'm much fitter. TICK

Four and half TICK's outta 6! :)

Lets start another thread for 2012

Back