Funniest tenant request

I got a call from our PM on Friday because our tenants have asked if we can reduce their rent by $100 a week as they have lost their rental rebate

I just about choked

We once had tenants (great tenants in all respects) who requested permission to be allowed to have ducks. They had veggie patch and were very environmentally aware, and we said yes to the ducks. This block is 906 sqm, so big enough to hold some ducks.

One day I slipped a letter under the front door, peeked under to ensure it hadn't slid under a mat and that they would find it. I could see what looked like sprinklings of muesli on the floor. Then I realised it was duck poop and feathers etc.

I called them, and they said the ducks had caught cold and they'd brought them up onto the front enclosed verandah while they recovered :eek:.

I suggested to them that they probably needed to look for a rental further out than suburban Coorparoo. They moved with no hard feelings, no problems really and did move to a more rural block. They left the house clean.

She said one of my tenants had requested that I change the powerpioints in the house because the design scared her children!!!!!! Apparently it looks like a monster face

Well that is probably a good thing if the kids are scared of the power points. While most parents worry about their children sticking objects in the points this lady does not have to worry at all. You should increase your rent by $10 a week as she is currently receiving the 'peace of mind' for free.

At her expense, remove all the powerpoints from the house. The house is now certifiably 'green', which is surely worth $10/wk extra.

Tenant has informed the agent, from a recent inspection that the toilet seat is broken.

As a landlord am i liable to get this replaced?? :confused:

Regards,
K88k

Tenant has informed the agent, from a recent inspection that the toilet seat is broken.

As a landlord am i liable to get this replaced?? :confused:

Regards,
K88k

I'm no expert, but it's your toilet, why would it be their responsibility?

Heres one.
PM told my tenant to catch up their arrears and they said but ive already pawned off everything.

Nah, one of my tenants got a $6 seat coz the white $15 ones were out of stock that day. She complained that it pinched her bottom, which is a very important issue to me, so she got a $15 white seat a week later when they became available.

Back