Game changing early on in the.... game?

Looks great! I Viewed this place around June this year I think, Samada St? Was on the market for a long time. Some guy was asleep in the bedroom and got woken up when I opened his door!! The whole extended family was home whilst I was trying to have a look round. The reno you've done looks absolutely amazing, what a difference!

Yeah thats the one mate, I too was worried about how long it was on the market for, but after calculating potential yield, I thought i'd be worth the risk. It need so, so much work. It was near on unlivable in the condition it was in. I've lived in Frankston all my life, and wanted to make my first one at home, next one I want to make it more regional

Last edited:
Yeah thats the one mate, I too was worried about how long it was on the market for, but after calculating potential yield, I thought i'd be worth the risk. It need so, so much work. It was near on unlivable in the condition it was in. I've lived in Frankston all my life, and wanted to make my first one at home, next one I want to make it more regional

You've done such a fantastic job. Make sure you get a depreciation report done with all the reno's when it officially becomes an IP, I'm sure you'd get a bit back with all the work gone into it.

I'm doing something similar with a new purchase in Franga too, though not the same extent of renovations you've done.

Nice renovation, especially for a first timer. I lack the courage to do much more than dismantle superfluous features and paint, so forgive my stupid question.

What is the little white box next to the toilet? Is it a storage box for toilet paper and whatnot or is it concealing something?

Told you it was a stupid question!

Nice renovation, especially for a first timer. I lack the courage to do much more than dismantle superfluous features and paint, so forgive my stupid question.

What is the little white box next to the toilet? Is it a storage box for toilet paper and whatnot or is it concealing something?

Told you it was a stupid question!

ah ha! I was hoping no one would notice haha, that box is covering the new pipes that the bath previously covered. You can put toiletpaper on it. It was alot cheaper to fabricate the box, and match it in, than the thousands it would of cost to remove the pipes back down to the lower story.

When im back home next, ill do some front on shots!

ah ha! I was hoping no one would notice haha, that box is covering the new pipes that the bath previously covered. You can put toiletpaper on it. It was alot cheaper to fabricate the box, and match it in, than the thousands it would of cost to remove the pipes back down to the lower story.

That box would suit a vase with some brown twigs pokinig out of it, if interior design magazines are correct.

When im back home next, ill do some front on shots!

I sincerely hope you are talking about the house ;-)

I thought it might be concealing pipes, then I thought perhaps there was some new toilet-side-compartment fad I was oblivious to. Looks fine, though. Like I said, nice work.

Well done with your first reno.

Couple of hints.

Cornice -- Use the square step down the are a lot easier to set.

http://www.boral.com.au/productcatalogue/product.aspx?product=922

The kitchen wall cupboards should be lower so that you don't get the gap between the tile and the cupboard. You need to work out exactly the height based on the tile size (with spacing) so that you don't end up with part tiles nor as in your case a space between the tile and cupboard.

You could still move the cupboard down but I notice that you have already done the bulkhead.

Cheers

Well done with your first reno.

Couple of hints.

Cornice -- Use the square step down the are a lot easier to set.

http://www.boral.com.au/productcatalogue/product.aspx?product=922

The kitchen wall cupboards should be lower so that you don't get the gap between the tile and the cupboard. You need to work out exactly the height based on the tile size (with spacing) so that you don't end up with part tiles nor as in your case a space between the tile and cupboard.

You could still move the cupboard down but I notice that you have already done the bulkhead.

Cheers

Cheers andy,

Yeah the tiles were a late inclusion, was going to go stainless steel till I saw the price :eek: , yeah i guess i could have a small trimming on the outside?

Cheers andy,

Yeah the tiles were a late inclusion, was going to go stainless steel till I saw the price :eek: , yeah i guess i could have a small trimming on the outside?

Cheap way to do stainless is to just buy sheets and then stick them to the walls before you fit the cupboards.

We have done this to about 6 kitchens but only as the backing where the stove is. Came to about $50 per sheet - be a bit more now.

We just tile over the edge of the stainless on one side and leave the other edge exposed.

I tried to find some pics but can't seem to locate them.

Cheers

Back