gas bill late

In the future, you may consider having automatic payments made each month.

We do this with ours. If they fluctuate, pay a higher amount, and run a credit.

Here is information from Veda about the extent a late telco or utility bill can impact your credit file.

Can paying my phone or electricity bill late impact my credit file?

Yes, it can. Under the Privacy Act 1988, an overdue debt can be listed on your consumer credit report when it is overdue by 60 days or more, when the debt is at least $150. Please note that information about whether your have paid your account on time or not cannot be listed by a telco or utility provider as they are not a licensed credit providers, unless you are 60 days or more overdue.

Before listing a default, the credit provider has sent a written notice seeking payment of the overdue debt and a written notice stating that the default may be listed with a credit reporting body.

Once you?ve paid the overdue debt, the credit provider is required to update the listing on your credit report as soon as is practicable.

If the overdue debt is classified as a serious credit infringement, where you have left or appear to have left your last known address, the credit provider must first have listed a default and must have had no contact with you for the preceding 6 months.

http://www.veda.com.au/yourcreditandidentity/check/credit-file/what-looks-bad-my-credit-report

Back