GILLARD- Is she mad, stupid, guilty..or all three?

Where do you think your local member fits in this? Does "Shag on a rock" have any resonance?

From one of the countries most popular politicians for 20 years, to a sorry dumb loser. What made him turn on his electorate I have no idea. If he stands for the next election in New England there would be some sort of new record set for biggest ever swing. Oh,...,, between him and Oakshot anyway. But he'd know not to stand, he'll retire.

See ya's.

The plot thickens.

Glenn Milne has been sacked as a panelist on the Insiders ABC.

Who made the call...

Milne was informed by The Insiders’ executive producer, Kellie Mayo on Thursday night that the ABC’s news management committee had met and taken the decision that his services would no longer be required.

It is understood however that Milne has been assured he will remain as a panellist on Channel 10’s Meet the Press and has received messages of support from others in the media.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/bus...ator-glenn-milne/story-e6frg996-1226128862753

Seems Gillard is not a happy camper and she IS angry.

And why?

APPROACHING 8am last Monday, John Hartigan was walking into his office after a session of boxing, stairs and weights at a park in Sydney's inner-city Glebe when his mobile phone rang. It was Julia Gillard.

"I presume you know why I'm calling," the Prime Minister said.

Hartigan, chairman and chief executive of News Limited, had no idea. He soon did, as the Prime Minister voiced her displeasure at the publication that morning in The Australian of a column by Glenn Milne, which revived 16-year-old allegations about Gillard's one-time relationship with former unionist Bruce Wilson.

According to Hartigan, Gillard put a series of demands that she wanted addressed in 15 minutes. The deadline was later pushed back to 9am.

As well as a public apology and the Milne article being taken offline, she wanted a commitment that the allegations never be repeated again in The Australian. This demand was later extended to all News Limited newspapers and their websites....

"She said they were very damaging accusations," Hartigan said. "She wanted some action and she wanted it quickly."

Hartigan told Gillard he would speak to Chris Mitchell, The Australian's editor-in chief.....

When Mitchell rang and spoke to the Prime Minister, he said, she was "apoplectic". He had been on the end of verbal sprays from Paul Keating, he said, but "they were nothing compared to this".

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...ws-on-front-page/story-fn59niix-1226128513341

It stinks. Contradictions, lies, cover-ups, maniplulation.....

IMPLOSION.

Regards JO

How can you have bogan and right-wing in the same sentence? From my experience I would have thought bogans are left-wing.

Bogan's are a-political.

They only know important things like where to get yer fags and grog on spesh, when and where to go for the best deals on Maccas and KFC, how much per hour for a tatt, how to get the maximum benefits outta the welfare system, how to maximise time off from work with pay, and where to get the cheapest flannos and jeans from, usually frequent trash and treasure markets as both buyers and sellers, trawl garage sales and are often seen workin' on the 'formadore out in the driveway with parts from the local wreckers, know who's gunna win at Flemin'ton in race 4 this arvo and...... you get the picture.

Farkin bewdy. :D

Bogan's are a-political.

Bogans seem to be all for the Liberals social policies. Whenever I have the tiem to bask in their opinions on gay marriage or asylum seekers I get this impression. Granted the Labor party tries to clutch at me too mantra around these things but there are enough real lefties left in Labor for me to know they do not truly stand for conservative social policies but only for political reasons follow the libs for now.

Bogans however are more closely aligned with Labors economic policies however which will be a vote turner if IR is an election issue.

It has just dawned on me while writing this, that this very phenomena could well be why Australia's poltical system is going down the tubes. While we have the right and lefties in society who do not swing in the ballot box the largest swinging portion of the voting public is probably the bogans / westies!

This means all of a governments policies have to be developed with one eye on how they might appeal or otherwise to this part of our community while more progressive liberals and Labor party supporters are left wondering what has happened to our parties?

Lets face it both have gone down the crapper...

I think bogans have a right to their views on immigration.
After all, the majority of migrants compete for their jobs (and in part, their welfare handouts).

If the majority of migrants competed for lawyer's jobs, I bet lawyers would be less passionate about migrant rights.

Gilliard's got to be the most incompetent PM we've ever had. The Malaysia solutions cockup is just the latest.
Luckily we won't have to suffer Labor much longer. My guess is that Gillard will resign as PM by Christmas. She has no credibility left.

I think
1)Greg Combet will replace her as the next PM. Not because he's the best candidate, but because no one else will want to take the poison challis of PM when Labor will be completely wiped out at the next election.
2) Carbon Tax policy will be dumped next year, and Labor will concentrate on some core issues like Health, Education, to try and win voters back
3) Australia will go to election next year (not 2013).

Only diehard supporters like evand would still think that Labor is somehow competent at all.

"Bogan" is not an epithet I throw around. I am perfectly aware there are liberal intellectuals who would label me as one.

Is a "bogan" someone who doesn't care about your opinion of them? That describes me.

Thommo the Bogan. LOL

OK, have i got this right.

There is no 'set' definition for bogan. The definition can change depending on who's using the word and what they find distasteful.

In other words anyone can be a bogan if someone thinks they are, including those calling others bogan :);).

At home with Julia.

At home with Julia on the ABC. Did anyone catch this last night?

Hardly classic TV, but I enjoyed it all the same.

Oakshot and Katter were classics and very well done.

See ya's.

Caught some of it ... wow ... didn't they give her a bagging! Wonder if any other country could get away with dumping on their leader like that.

And - yes - I know Howard and Hawke and all other also cop it in their time :D

Gotta love the Australian sense of humour and ability to take the mickey.

Caught some of it ... wow ... didn't they give her a bagging! Wonder if any other country could get away with dumping on their leader like that.

And - yes - I know Howard and Hawke and all other also cop it in their time :D

Gotta love the Australian sense of humour and ability to take the mickey.

rumour is gillard cut her NZ trip short because of the damage it's done already.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...-early-from-pacific-forum-20110908-1jyg9.html

why?

At home with Julia on the ABC. Did anyone catch this last night?

Hardly classic TV, but I enjoyed it all the same.

Saw about 5 minutes of it, and that was enough. I thought it was pretty rough.

I can imagine the outcry if the ABC had greenlit 'At home with John and Jeanette'.

Because the Labor Machine is hard at work.... plotting...scheming...Kevin is gathering his troops.... and Gillard needs to be back at her desk to string up garlic bushes around her door frame to ward away the vampires.

I don't think so. Kevin has no troops. As soon as the numbers turned down for him, he was friendless, and he is still friendless.

If Labor was to go back to Kev, they would be admitting they made a huge mistake when they kicked him out. I can't remember once hearing a politician admit to a mistake. Their egos won't allow it.

Saw about 5 minutes of it, and that was enough. I thought it was pretty rough.

I can imagine the outcry if the ABC had greenlit 'At home with John and Jeanette'.

I hope they replay it, I missed it.

Were my favourite laughs, Bob Katter and Rob Oakeshott on it?

Howard didn't give them much to laugh about. :) I wonder how long it will last...especially considering Gillard's tantrum at Glenn Milne.

Regards JO

I hope they replay it, I missed it.

Were my favourite laughs, Bob Katter and Rob Oakeshott on it?

Howard didn't give them much to laugh about. :) I wonder how long it will last...especially considering Gillard's tantrum at Glenn Milne.

Regards JO

Stuttering Bob Katter and the self-seeking Oakeshott were in it. It was entertaining and Gillard was represented quite sympathetically as balancing with the incessant demands by the three amigoes. :)

I don't think so. Kevin has no troops. As soon as the numbers turned down for him, he was friendless, and he is still friendless.

If Labor was to go back to Kev, they would be admitting they made a huge mistake when they kicked him out. I can't remember once hearing a politician admit to a mistake. Their egos won't allow it.

If they think they've got no chance to redeem themselves at the poles they might as well make him the fall guy rather than sacrifice another 'leader'.

Back