giving kudos

How????

I still am lost as to how one gives Kudos! It mentiones that I can vote or give some-one kudos if I believe they have added valuable information but it doesn't actually tell you how you vote. :confused:

And as Todd asked
Is there any way of seeing who you (I) have given kudos to?

Well, can we?

calvin@34 said:
I still am lost as to how one gives Kudos! It mentiones that I can vote or give some-one kudos if I believe they have added valuable information but it doesn't actually tell you how you vote. :confused:

It's not so much a vote as an ... appraisal. You click the (
reputation.gif
) button at the top right corner of the person's post. It opens a little window where you can type in a comment, which is sent to that person.

Any kudos you give is considered a thumbs up, if you get my drift...

And I don't think we can check who we've given kudos to.

Hope that helps. :)

To give kudos, simply click on the scales in the top right hand corner of the post you liked (circled in red below)

79kudos2.jpg

You can see who has given you kudos (in your control panel), but not who you have given them to.

Jamie.

calvin@34 said:

Hi Calvin

At the top of the post is the post number for that thread and next to it a set of scales anc and then a red, triangle sign thingy. If you click on the scales, that's where you give kudos.

Cheers :)

Many thanx to you all!

Great to get that feedback. At least no I can give 'Respect' to those that I believe deserve it!

I will check my "User CP" to see who gave me feedback as I think I should at least read it if they wnet thru the trouble to give it. Perhpas there are a few 'Reality checks' there for me, hehehe, who knows. :)

O...K...no luck with the reading my Kudos!

calvin@34 said:
Great to get that feedback. At least no I can give 'Respect' to those that I believe deserve it!

I will check my "User CP" to see who gave me feedback as I think I should at least read it if they wnet thru the trouble to give it. Perhpas there are a few 'Reality checks' there for me, hehehe, who knows. :)

OK, I just spent the last 20minutes or so going very very s l o w l y thru my User CP and found nothing that would indicate where to read my kudos. Call me slo, call me what you like but tell me how I get to read my kudos, please. :confused:

Hi Calvin & Hobbs

On the 'User CP' page, underneath the 'Subscribed Threads' is the section that shows the kudos. Your kudos comments are listed there. You start with 10 points. I'm not sure if it says 10 points if you haven't been given kudos. If you haven't been, don't feel bad because sometimes it may be weeks or even months between receiving kudos. :)

Cheers

Sultan of Swing said:
Hi Calvin & Hobbs

On the 'User CP' page, underneath the 'Subscribed Threads' is the section that shows the kudos. Your kudos comments are listed there. You start with 10 points. I'm not sure if it says 10 points if you haven't been given kudos. If you haven't been, don't feel bad because sometimes it may be weeks or even months between receiving kudos. :)

Cheers

Thank you SoS, I guess there is hope for me yet! Been registered for a year now, but have been absent for many months. Until Simon gave me some kudos I had none! Where is the love, I ask you?

Simon said:
Calvin,

Maybe you didn't have any kudos?

Try it again mate as I just put one there for you.

Cheers,

Seems as though your still helping me out Big Fella! Thanx, love the kudos. It's my first one! :D

I must say that I've been a bit ignorant of the kudos thing- but have made a diligent effort in the last few days to give to those who give back to this great forum. So thanks guys and gals :)

Back