giving kudos

I wish I had looked earlier, I had no idea this feature was here.

I will certainly reward some excellent members here next time I get a chance.

Just curious...

It's not detailed anywhere, but what are all of the different levels of kudos? i.e. "on a distinguished road", "become famous soon enough", "spectacular aura".

And what criteria define what kudos level one has? i.e. How many kudos points, etc...

Thanks.

Two dots is 100 points or more.

I think every one is on a distinguised road,

and maybe over 50 is will be famous soon.

I think Acey's problem has more to do with his deoderant.....

See Change

10 Kudos points: User is on a distinguished road
50 Kudos points: User will become famous soon enough
150 Kudos points: User has a spectacular aura about
250 Kudos points: User is a jewel in the rough

... it goes a lot higher, but I don't want to spoil it for you.

I take no responsibility for these either - that's what they come set to out-of-the-box.

G'day Mero,

I obviously mis-interpreted your request - sorry.
So, is the "kudos power" thing referred to in the FAQ the thing that defines whether someone is "on a distinguished road", or "will become famous soon enough"?
Kudos power is how much you can propel someone else along their path. It doesn't directly affect you.

From what I've noted, there seems to be a "50 point" tickover. The comments (distinguished road, famous, aura, etc.) come at the x50 mark, while the extra green squares come at the 100's.

e.g.
single green square - distinguished road = 0 to 49 points
single green square - famous soon enough = 50 to 99 points
double green square - famous soon enough = 100 to 149 points
double green square - spectacular aura = 150 to 199 points
triple green square - spectacular aura = 200 to 249 points
etc.

And what drives these levels is what OTHERS think - their kudos power adds points to YOUR total when they give you kudos. Conversely, you give them points based on YOUR kudos power when you give kudos. The FAQ tells you how to work out your current kudos power.

You've probably noticed a few "double green squares" against peoples names - currently, our highest scoring member has recently ticked over 150. For those wondering WHO is where, go to "Members", click on "kudos", and the list of members will re-order to show the highest to lowest kudos scores.

Hope that helps better

Regards,

Perhaps "User is a blackened deposit of prehistoric slime. In the rough." ?

Actually, a jewel in the rough kind of seems a step back from having a spectacular aura.

2c

quiggles said:
Perhaps "User is a blackened deposit of prehistoric slime. In the rough." ?

Actually, a jewel in the rough kind of seems a step back from having a spectacular aura.

I could live with that title Quiggles.

BTW I agree with you that it's a step back - but for everyone ELSE in the forum....the so-called 'rough' :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

What's a grey kudo?

Thankyou to the ten people who have given me kudos for my posts. :)
One kudo though is not green, it is a grey colour. What does this mean? Did the light bulb go out in it, or is it a bad kudo? :eek:

Hi Brenda

Everyone can give kudos and it depends on a varierty of things on how many points each person giving the kudos iw 'worth'. A grey one means the person giving the kudos isn't 'worth' any points yet. They'll have posted less than 50 posts and been a member of the forum for less than 6 months ( i think).

You can learn more about kudos and how they how they are awarded here:-

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/faq.php?faq=somersoft_faq#faq_kudos

BTW, you may have received kudos from more than 10 people but the page only shows the last 10 that have given you kudos. To help me research this further, give me kudos now so that I can just check that what I'm saying is correct. :p :D

Cheers

So, at the moment my kudos dont really count to the people that i have given them to, but once they start to count, will this alter the kudos that i have already given?

Todd said:
So, at the moment my kudos dont really count to the people that i have given them to, but once they start to count, will this alter the kudos that i have already given?

No it doesn't. I have a grey one and the person who gave it to me now has a "higher status".

G'day all,

As far as I'm concerned, the words used ARE the kudos. If they don't add points, what the hey!!! To me, the value is in the comment.

And, while I'm on it, THANK YOU to all who have chosen to reward me with their words. "I luvs ya all" :D

Regards,

Back