Gladstone QLD - How is it Going????

First, I don't know a thing about the Melbourne market but I would suggest you think twice before you part with your money based on a so called good deal at an "Investor Expo".

Second, this is a Gladstone thread.

These properties are in gladstone. They were just being marketed in melbourne. Depending on the quality, the price point sounds ok.

It's alright, Glenlyon and Kirkwood are two of the four main roads in Gladstone.

Think about this Ashley. If it is such a good deal, why are they selling it to unsuspecting purchasers in faraway cities? It could be, i dont know, i dont research properties that I cant see, touch and feel. You work it out for yourself after you have read at least two threads for Gladstone and mining from the first page to the very end. While you are researching and doing due diligence, find out about stamp duties and building grants in Qld. I just paid over $800 to lodge or stamp or something a "no application fee" mortgage.

Last edited:
Compared with other H&L packages in other estates around Gladstone, those prices seem pretty standard. Location leaves a lot to be desired though - the only place within walking distance is St Johns School, everything else is driving distance and the estate itself doesn't appear to have any amenities planned.

Compared with other H&L packages in other estates around Gladstone, those prices seem pretty standard. Location leaves a lot to be desired though - the only place within walking distance is St Johns School, everything else is driving distance and the estate itself doesn't appear to have any amenities planned.

Stockwood estate is nowhere near St John's school in Gladstone. St Johns is in Clinton at the end of Chapman Drive.

Rooster

St Stephens Lutheran College is with-in walking distance of Stockwood and the new woolies is a few K's down the road, to far to walk.

Just did some due diligence on Gladstone....it has definitely slowed.

A lot more properties on the market to rent. Companies are taking more stock before sinking funds in. I don't think it is over for Gladstone but I don't think much will happen in the next 6-12 months of the back of solid growth over the last 12-18 months.

The newer stuff is still renting well...but renters are asking for asking for $20-30 off. You still getting 600-750pw for a 450-500k 4x2x2 home.

My gut feel is time is your side if you are buying in Gladstone.

I went with another one in Perth as the rental situation and shortage is more urgent.

QAL job losses

http://www.gladstoneobserver.com.au/news/jobs-go-qal/1577056/

Also on a different topic there has been another new subdivision start clearing opposite Oasis which is at the end of Kirkwood. Considering there is 300 current vacancies in Gladstone and the expansion of Hill Close and Little Creek estates there will be further rent drops happening. Maybe that is why developers are trying to sell H&L packages in Melbourne?

Good sales agents - established property

Hi all

First time poster here. I am currently selling an older style property and struggling to find an agent that is actually proactive.

Has anyone got any good recommendations for local agents? I find it will literally go for weeks without even a phone call (seriously unimpressive customer service). Its not a new house and land package but an older style house with a massive yard - so wanting to target both locals and investors given it has a strong rental income.

Really struggling so any help will be appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Morning guys,

Great info on this thread. Since you're talking about locations in Gladstone, I was just wondering about this IP that I heard about on Bradford Road,Telina.

http://www.gladstone.qld.gov.au/c/d...0-a631-45f6-9607-43d1abbfb81c&groupId=1570002

How's the location like in terms of convenience and centrality compared to Stockwood Estate? I personally haven't been to the area so if you guys could provide me with some 'insider' info, I'd truly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Back