Gladstone QLD - How is it Going????

5th plant to be built at fishermans landing.( on main land )
There were talks of 7 plants to be built on Curtis island there slowly starting to add up now.
Qclng are the most advanced ahead of all the projects and are only 22% complete just shows the amount of work left in construction and the volume of labour still needed.

Can anyone recommend a good quantity surveyor servicing the Gladstone area?

Pls feel free to direct me to another thread if this has been discussed before. :D

Can anyone recommend a good quantity surveyor servicing the Gladstone area?

Pls feel free to direct me to another thread if this has been discussed before. :D

Look back 1 page in this thread. Neil services the Gladstone area from Rockhampton.

Be sure that the QS you use is on the panel of the bank that you intend to use for finance.

Cheers,
Matt

Hi ems
Im in the same boat as you :( is it prime property ??
Well to tell you the truth im too far in to back out now, they have a good track record but gladstone is so manic these days they have struggled to get things started !!!! I think you should ride it out and stick with it ? Gladstone isnt a one trick pony/minning town and will be around for years n years :]

Hope this helps

Pete

Yes Pete you are correct! We have decided to stay with the development as well. They have said they aim to start construction in November so fingers crossed this happens and we have an appreciated unit at the end of it! The increase in price was minimal, it's just the lost time that we could have had our money working elsewhere!

Ems

Look back 1 page in this thread. Neil services the Gladstone area from Rockhampton.

Be sure that the QS you use is on the panel of the bank that you intend to use for finance.

Cheers,
Matt

Not sure your QS needs to be on the panel of the bank you use for finance if it is purely for a depreciation schedule Matt??

Rooster

Not sure your QS needs to be on the panel of the bank you use for finance if it is purely for a depreciation schedule Matt??

Rooster

Fair enough. I was thinking for a decent sized development. Thats what I am about to engage them for in Gladstone, as the banks require it.

Fair enough. I was thinking for a decent sized development. Thats what I am about to engage them for in Gladstone, as the banks require it.

Definitely under your circumstances. Just clarifying solely for the ones only requiring dep. reports.

Cheers

Rooster

Hi all.

Missed all this yesterday. Where was I?

Yes the centre of the universe of course. Gladstone !!

Speaking with one real estate agent who said they only have one vacancy on their books. So that's got to be a good sign still for sure.

Thanks for the kind words.

Cheers

Hey guys,

First time posting on this forum. I'm very interested in looking at IPs in the Gladstone area. From what I've read, it seems like investment opportunities are still going to grow for at least another 4-5 years. I also saw this article yesterday about the new channel in Gladstone http://www.dredgingtoday.com/2012/09/26/australia-government-plans-new-channel-for-gladstone/.

Do you guys think this will help Gladstone's IP value to go up? A friend of mine just invested in a Gladstone IP with a property development company and I'm looking at doing the same thing.

Thanks in advance.

Another snippet of info is that the major gas companies have all chipped in $30m to procure and run a Gladstone Rescue Helicopter for the next 4 or 5 years.

Supposed to be up and running by early next year.

Small change for these guys and helps their workers out on the Island.

HI Damien, I dont see it making any difference. As one project is completed and closes, another comes online and they absorb the redundancies from the previous project. The greenies will have a field day complaining about dredging, sea grasses and dead fish, but what's new? It will take a while to eventuate, dont get excited. I think Gladstone is more for slow and steady at this time in history.

Don't think it's 170 in a month more like that over 2 years I have heard,
but as mentioned in a previous post if they have the right qualifications there walking straight into other Jobs relating to the construction going on around town. I personally know of this happening recently.

Is that from a reliable source? And if so who?

This is true... I've also heard straight from the horse's mouth as I occasionally do work for QAL. Those leaving are from a variety of positions rather than one area. The alumina market is not doing very well at the moment due to the low price.

Hi Guys, I attended the Investor expo in Melbourne and some of the guys there seems to be offering some 'good' deals in StockWood Estate(Corner Glenlyon and Kirkwood).

4 bedroom, 2 bathroom custom home (18 squares)

720m2 = Land $267,500 + Build $229,000 = $496,500
720m2 = Land $265,000 + Build $229,000 = $494,000
765m2 = Land $275,000 + Build $229,000 = $504,000

They are also offering some 'bonus'

BONUS #1 - $10,000 build incentive from the builder after settlement
BONUS #2 - $10,000 build incentive from the builder at completion.

Should I look elsewhere so does this seems to be a good deal?

I attended the Investor expo in Melbourne and some of the guys there seems to be offering some 'good' deals ...

...Should I look elsewhere so does this seems to be a good deal?

First, I don't know a thing about the Melbourne market but I would suggest you think twice before you part with your money based on a so called good deal at an "Investor Expo".

Second, this is a Gladstone thread.

Back