Gloss paint

Can anyone recommend a good gloss waterbased paint as although I always use Dulux interior paints, I hate and loathe their gloss trim paint.

haven't had a problem with Taubmans water based enamel in high gloss..... forget the product name of it but its in a black can.

Painted our skirts and arcs in the high gloss 'cradle white' (really really white) about 4 years ago. then had to touch up around some window trim last month because of broken glass replacement. Can't tell the difference ie. no yellowing of the white paint

Thats my experience with it anyway.

Speaking of paints whats the below like if anyone has tried it?

Masters launched the paint price drop for entry level paint that is known as rental "bond-back" paint on September 26 along with an "Australia, you've been paying too much paint" advertising campaign.

It set a $20 price for four-litre tins for Pascol "Ready to Go" paint that is produced by Wattyl in two popular pre-tinted colours, Cotton White and Antique Cream.

Masters Australia, you've been paying too much for paint campaign

Can only go by what is was years ago , pascol was not top of the range and not bottom however there was an article in the SMH a few days ago about the
paint price war and they compared Pascol from Masters to Bunnings spring range
which is a cheap paint , Bunnings has reduced their spring to $17.50 for 4 litres
and is tintable to most colours unlike the limited Pascol range.

I have used the cheap spring range for under eaves (fibro)on a few sheds and its held up well.

You're scraping the bottom of the drum there for quality if you are paying $5/litre (or less).

Go back to a 'trade' paint, get reasonably good quality, opacity & colourfastness.

Can't comment on current quality but I have used Pascol (Wattyl) for a feature wall in two rooms many years ago and has held up as well as the Dulux, covered pretty well also. Dark colour so does not get dirty and never had to clean any marks. Did have more of a PVA feel/appearance to it but once dried can't tell any difference. Last time I used Wattyl it was similar. What I mean by PVA is that it peeled off the paint trays easier than the Dulux when cleaning, Dulux I had to scrub off. (Got a newer tray now where all paint easily peels off :) )

Wattyl would be the best to ask about quality versus their high end range.

Used cheap paint many years ago to do up a flip and it was terrible, had to paint about 3 or 4 coats to cover. Never again. However might give Masters a try as we have a whole house to paint and its going over cream anyway. Would never use oil based trim paint again, miles too much trouble, and not just in the cleaning up process.

I have just repainted my lounge room with Antique white Pascol from Masters. Went on a treat and covered the existing yellow in 2 coats. Washes well and I have no issues with it. $45 for 10l vs $100+ for Dulux wash and wear. Even if it took an extra coat (which it didn't) it would have been worth it.

Further update , Masters now advertising tonight on Tv Pascol 4 litre for $12

Might end up getting it free if they keep this fight up.

Back