Gold Coast Quantity Surveyor

Hi All,

I need a depreciation schedule done for a house on the Gold Coast. Can anybody recommend a good, reasonably priced, quantity surveyor on the Gold Coast?

My last guy great and cheap and he was a dead ringer of Colonel Sanders. It was worth getting him around just for that! Unfortunately he's now retired. He used to charge me approx $275 for a four bedroom house. I called a couple of QS's today and they all want around $550 to do the DS. I may be a little out of touch with prices as it's been a few years but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hope you are all well.

Thanks
Slingshot

Hi Slingshot,

My recommendation would be Excel Property Consultants. Norman is the blokes name and he is good for a fair price. His contact number is 1300 137 414.

Cheers

Scott, GreenR & Depreciator thank you for your replies.

I will get on to it today and, just for interest, let you all know if there is much difference in price.

Thanks again, greatly apprecited.

Slingshot

There will definitely be a difference in the price. We're not the most expensive, but we're definitely not the cheapest. It's partly because I like the people who inspect properties to be quantity surveyors. Not all companies are as fussy as me.
Scott

Hi again,

Just a bit of info regarding prices for depreciation schedules. Hopefully some may find it useful.

I did a bit of a ring around and prices do vary considerably. I wont mention company names but if anyone would like more info feel free to PM me. The prices quoted below are for a depreciation schedule done for a newly renovated 4 bedroom house on the Gold Coast.

All prices inc tax

Company 1 - $550.00 (on site)

Company 2 - option a) $385.00 (company in-house schedule done based on spreadsheet of costs supplied by myself
option b) $715.00 for a rep to come to site

Company 3 - $395.00 (on site)

Company 4 - $495.00 (on site)

So in short it pays to shop around.

Thanks
Slingshot

I'd suggest that in short, it pays to look closer at the value provided, rather than the cost of the report. Having seen a number of those cheaper depreciation schedules, I'd be quite confident in saying that someone like Scott's team would get a better result.

That $715 price sounds like ours. Somersoft people get a discount when they mention it to the gang on the phone - should take the price down to $605.

We'll never be the cheapest.

Scott

Thanks everybody for your input.

JamesGG totally understand your point and will give it some thought.

And Scott good to know about the discount and will definitely keep it in mind before I make my decision.

Thanks again all, very much appreciated.

Slingshot

Unless you had all the original documentation and declarations of costs going into the building, I doubt the ATO would accept a report that did not involve an on-site inspection by a qualified QS or similar !!!

Cheers,

Rob

Slingshot - I've had a few clients use depreciators services and pretty happy for whats it worth.
As James has noted - I figure if you can get an extra deduction or something for a few more $ then its not necessarily a question of costs as $1-200 will come back to you in other forms

I've used both Deppro and Depreciators on the Gold Coast before and been happy. Couple of hundred dollars here or there is inconsequential in terms of the value of deductions from most schedules. I'd go with the one you feel is most professional.

Hi again,

Just a bit of info regarding prices for depreciation schedules. Hopefully some may find it useful.

I did a bit of a ring around and prices do vary considerably. I wont mention company names but if anyone would like more info feel free to PM me. The prices quoted below are for a depreciation schedule done for a newly renovated 4 bedroom house on the Gold Coast.

All prices inc tax

Company 1 - $550.00 (on site)

Company 2 - option a) $385.00 (company in-house schedule done based on spreadsheet of costs supplied by myself
option b) $715.00 for a rep to come to site

Company 3 - $395.00 (on site)

Company 4 - $495.00 (on site)

Thanks
Slingshot

Matey,

Its Tax time and I am shopping around for a Dep schedule. Have to do 3 at one go. Mind sharing who is Company (2), (3) and (4) on your list. You can PM me if you feel necessary.....

Cheers,
GC

Back