Good PM. Mount Druitt/St Marys

It seems that once again I am in the market for a new PM. After interviewing many in the area & trying out the service of some that said all the right things, I have come to the conclusion that it is like trying to pick a needle in a haystack.

Please could I have some recommendations of good PMs & if I may also ask, what exactly is it that you like about this PM.

Thankyou very much.

Hi Skater,

Can't suggest anyone you haven't tried :rolleyes:

I know there are people on the forum who have property in the area, perhaps they can't recommend anyone because all the local PM's suck.

Is there anyone out there in forum land who can make a recommendation?

Regards

Andrew

Hi Skater & Bargain Hunter.

Not exactly your area, but I've got an I/P in Plumpton which is is managed by First National R/E at Plumpton (Ph:9832 3800).

No dramas to report, but in saying that, the I/P has had the same tenant in it from day 1 (8 yrs).

Regards
Marty

Just remembered, I think the P/M side of things may have moved to Rooty Hill, but the phone number above should be right.

Regards
Marty

Just call up a few real estate agencies on a saturday or Sunday and leave your phone number for their PM to call you back. Those who call you back are probably worth considering.
Remember, If a RE Agency has many rentals on their books they could be hard to manage affectively. So generally when PM's get busy their performance drops, they also sometimes move on so you are stuck with a new person who doesn't know you or your property.
cheers

Hi Skater

I know it's not exactly in Mount Druitt/St. Mary's but have you tried Michael Renshaw at Renshaw Realty (Century 21) at Penrith, 354 High Street Penrith NSW 2750 tel: (02) 4721 0200. They look after my IP in Penrith and my present tenants have been in there since March 2003 (gosh...didn't realize it had been that long!!!)

Michael knows I don't live round the corner so he arranges for increases in rent when due and informs me immediately by email of anything that needs to be repaired in the IP.

When the tenancy is finished, he sends me a list of new prospective tenants by email giving a brief description of their background details and requests my comments/decision.

Have had no problems yet...

Ciao

annE:) :) :)

Hi Skater & Bargain Hunter.

Not exactly your area, but I've got an I/P in Plumpton which is is managed by First National R/E at Plumpton (Ph:9832 3800).

No dramas to report, but in saying that, the I/P has had the same tenant in it from day 1 (8 yrs).

Regards
Marty

Thanks Marty, it can't hurt to give them a call. Appreciated.

Just call up a few real estate agencies on a saturday or Sunday and leave your phone number for their PM to call you back. Those who call you back are probably worth considering.
Remember, If a RE Agency has many rentals on their books they could be hard to manage affectively. So generally when PM's get busy their performance drops, they also sometimes move on so you are stuck with a new person who doesn't know you or your property.
cheers

Thanks BV. I have tried all sorts of things. Most of the ones out this way seem to say & do all the right things at first, but then they just wind up being slack. I know there has to be someone half good out here, its just proving to be a pain in the you know where finding them.

hi skater,

hope things are well with you and you find a good PM.
if you are currently using good one, are you able to recommend me please ?

thank you kindly.

hi skater,

hope things are well with you and you find a good PM.
if you are currently using good one, are you able to recommend me please ?

thank you kindly.

At the time of my posting I was in a bit of a crisis. I was one of many victims of an Agency that embezzled thousands of $$ and I had five properties tied up in the mess. The PM that took over had to be good in order to wade through it and get some semblance order back in place.

I am using The Professionals at St Marys. I will only deal with the Senior PM, Alana, and she is brilliant. She deserved an award for the effort she made back then and she still continues to shine.

I rang them in October and it took 4 phone calls in total before getting them to come out.
I asked for Alana.
Someone else from the compan rang me at 4.58pm. I missed the call and he left a message saying he'd ring back the next day. At 4.00pm I rang him (can't remember his name) and told him who I was and that I was awaiting his call. He said "well the days not over". I wasn't impressed but still got them to come out. Alana came with another lady. They were very professional but said I'd get $300pw for my fully renovated (new kitchen, AC, built ins) 3 bedroom plus study plus 2 living areas house. 3 bedrooms not renovated rent for $290-300.

I went with Elliot Shiner. It was advertised for $340pw and snapped up the first day.

I rang them in October and it took 4 phone calls in total before getting them to come out.
I asked for Alana.
Someone else from the compan rang me at 4.58pm. I missed the call and he left a message saying he'd ring back the next day. At 4.00pm I rang him (can't remember his name) and told him who I was and that I was awaiting his call. He said "well the days not over". I wasn't impressed but still got them to come out. Alana came with another lady. They were very professional but said I'd get $300pw for my fully renovated (new kitchen, AC, built ins) 3 bedroom plus study plus 2 living areas house. 3 bedrooms not renovated rent for $290-300.

I went with Elliot Shiner. It was advertised for $340pw and snapped up the first day.

Gee, I have never had any problems at all. There are a couple of Junior PM's there, and I just outright refuse to deal with them. The worst is one begining with M. As I said, I ONLY deal with Alana and I know her quite well now. At one point, early in the piece we had contact sometimes more than once each day as we tried to sort out the quagmire that the other Company left us with.

Elliot Shiner was the first PM I used in the area. I can't say that they were really bad, but at the time, I felt that I wasn't getting good service and the quality of the tenants were not particularly good. This, of course, could just have been a sign of the time, as I have noticed that there are times where getting good quality is easier than others.

Another I used was Raine & Horne. I left them too, but I can't remember why now. From memory they liked to keep the rent under market, while I always push mine as high as I can. Again, it could just have been the PM at the time, because we all know that many places have a large turnover of staff.

I think when it comes to a PM, you really have to have someone that you can get along with, and will do what you want as far as managing your properties. If it isn't working, for whatever reason, then move along and find one that you can work with. Obviously not all PMs will suit all Landlords.

I use Response in Penrith and have found them to be very good. Again, I only deal with the senior PM there - Janette. Always proactive, always get e-mail replies within a couple hours, always get requests done quickly and keeps rents at market levels.

I made a mistake re Alana coming out. That was another agent. Alana was busy on the day so the young guy came out. So in the end I never met her (even though I did mention I wanted to deal with her). The young guy was rude so I obviously went elsewhere.

Never mind. I'm happy. I have fantastic tenants and I got the rent I wanted.

Alana was busy on the day so the young guy came out. So in the end I never met her (even though I did mention I wanted to deal with her). The young guy was rude so I obviously went elsewhere.

Never mind. I'm happy. I have fantastic tenants and I got the rent I wanted.

Being happy is the main thing. They all know me there now, and know that I refuse to deal with anyone other than Alana.

Back