Goodbye SS members

One springs to mind..any one that rips off anyone is a douche...I met addicts that have more heart despite there addiction...Cya

Last edited by a moderator:
I do note that most people who leave , just stop posting . Gee Cee Cee , the wife , Michael Croft . Ross V , Les , Bill L , Ani . I do wonder what happened to some of them .

Cliff

Agree with everything you said, however the quoted members above left long before most of the forum even knew of it's existence.

Time moves on & people learn all they need to know, or get sick of answering the same old questions, or other interests get in the way, and for whatever reason, they fade away. There are very few that are banned!

Myself, I'm nowhere near as active as I once was. I come here, skim through stuff & go again. I can go for weeks without even thinking of the forum, then it seems like I'm here all the time for a few days & then I'm gone again.

I'm sure it's the same with others. One day those weeks will probably turn to months, then the months to years. Nobody is going to be here forever.

I've already planned my exist strategy. It involves plenty of booze and fireworks. Might even make the 6 o'clock news:D

My 'exist' strategy involves home brew, the consumption of it, doing as little as possible and watching the 6 o'clock news (Or ABC News 24 if i'm in the mood) just in case my home planet needs me.

I know it was a spelling mistake, but I couldn't help myself. :rolleyes:

My 'exist' strategy involves home brew, the consumption of it, doing as little as possible and watching the 6 o'clock news (Or ABC News 24 if i'm in the mood) just in case my home planet needs me.

That's it I'm leaving too. Bugger all you lot! :D

Hi Spades,
It is too late, the damage is already done. Well, as per your guidance, I tried bunches of prickly lettuce and dandelion yesterday and my wife reckons I have turned into an animal or something. The way she is looking at me all morning is not enjoyable. But well it is better than the taste of the dandelion anyway. Now I am wondering whether it was really dandelion. After all I am going through, it is unfair that you wanna quit SS :p But now you gotta teach me how to identify all these weeds which can be eaten.

I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon too!!

What is the actual bandwagon???

Leave ss
Take drug
Smoke dandelions
Weed out spruikers

I'm confused, and I'm not even drinking

Mmm

A home brew thread . My poison is alcoholic ginger beer . I have a sweet tooth . To the standard can , I add a bag of dextrose and a bag of dark malt . 250 g of ginger / per brew grated , boiled and then strained .

I used to do a version of groltch which several members including Rolf have sampled in the past , but after I came up with my current recipe i haven't wanted to do anything . Problem is th kids like it ......

Cliff

Spades - what you're saying is correct ... but you've got the motives wrong.
It's true that some talk up Frankston - that's because we want to hear something positive about it.
It's true that SC talks up Sydney - he's got a lot invested there and gets excited about all the money he's making.
You don't have to like it but it's the way things are and so you don't have to comment except to yourself.
A few weeks ago I asked a question about paying off my loans and only one of the brokers would deign to answer. It showed me a lot.
I would suggest don't leave ... look at all the people who got upset with that. But try to be a little more mild-mannered and say what you mean. You're a big softie so don't be a *****!
As for that person you reckon was trying to rip off the poor nuthead - well, I don't agree with you on that.
Cheers mate. Have a break for a few days. Come back and play nice. It gets pretty cold on here sometimes - we need you! ;)

Mmm

A home brew thread . My poison is alcoholic ginger beer . I have a sweet tooth . To the standard can , I add a bag of dextrose and a bag of dark malt . 250 g of ginger / per brew grated , boiled and then strained .

I used to do a version of groltch which several members including Rolf have sampled in the past , but after I came up with my current recipe i haven't wanted to do anything . Problem is th kids like it ......

Cliff

The only problem I encountered with brewing my own ginger beer was that I enjoyed it way too much. I packed on the kg's and got a wee bit heavy before realising I should stick to lager (at least until I retire for real).

Over the years that I've been members of forums, it's the people who post to say that they are leaving are generally the ones who don't want to, but want to have the drama and hear people tell them not to leave.

This might not be the case for Spades but it has been my experience in the past on forums where I've been mods etc.

Over the years that I've been members of forums, it's the people who post to say that they are leaving are generally the ones who don't want to, but want to have the drama and hear people tell them not to leave.

This might not be the case for Spades but it has been my experience in the past on forums where I've been mods etc.

Completely ag
agree with you westminster, not saying spades is one of them

The internet allows you to be anonymous so less confident or narcissistic people can express them selves more freely as a society we have become more narcissistic. Good or bad who knows?

But what I don't like is hoe anyone without any talent is doing narcissistic things to get their 15 mins of fame while everybody is lapping it up (think reality TV or b/c/d grade celebrities)

Hi Spades,
It is too late, the damage is already done. Well, as per your guidance, I tried bunches of prickly lettuce and dandelion yesterday ,,, Now I am wondering whether it was really dandelion. After all I am going through, it is unfair that you wanna quit SS :p But now you gotta teach me how to identify all these weeds which can be eaten.

Spades, Singo needs your expert knowledge on 'grasses' now that he has ingested a possible toxic one.

spades, not sure if you are reading this

but considerng you said you were leaving, and being a very opinionaeted fellow (which is good in my books), you deleting all your posts indicates that you really do care about what othrs think and you really dont want to leave the forums

just saying,

spades, not sure if you are reading this

but considerng you said you were leaving, and being a very opinionaeted fellow (which is good in my books), you deleting all your posts indicates that you really do care about what othrs think and you really dont want to leave the forums

just saying,

I'm inclined to agree. I don't agree with everything Spades has said, but we're all entitled to an opinion and I do think Spades has made some great contributions. If you leave in because a few people find your posts offensive that's your choice; but deleting your content on the way out makes it look like a tantrum.

Back