gossip for those interested in Brisbane

I had a look in one of the Ausbuild Display homes at warner alkes on Saturday, was not to impressed by what it had to offer in comparison with other designs.

Land at Warner Lakes is starting at $200k now, the house would be at least $200k to finish, $100k instand profit is $500k ????? so not far from the mark.

Plus i think the lease back rental would be around $600 plus a week so not to bad.

I'm just sitting here rubbing my hands togther, happy that my house at Warner Lakes starts construction in 3 weeks and that we got another one , 1 street of the lake front on the weekend.

I have also been told that the lake front blocks will be auctioned.

Our 3 blocks at Carseldine were being valued today, the valuer wanted to see the contract, I only assuming so he could value it on contract price and not above.

Land at Warner Lakes is starting at $200k now, the house would be at least $200k to finish, $100k instand profit is $500k ????? so not far from the mark.

letiha Ausbuild would have brought their parcel of land for well below the $200k meaning they are in for one nice big fat profit cheque once they sell the $550k house.

Hope all goes good for you with your lots.

We southsiders don't bother calling you northsiders anything...... :D

I am a southside gal and hubby a northside boy. I used to complain about all the main roads on the northside. He used to say "I think there is a little track called Kessels Road, or maybe Main (insert any number of busy roads) on the southside, last time I looked".

He also had to remind me that OFF those main roads were suburbs with small streets full of nice houses, just like the southside (but not QUITE as nice, obviously) :D

Wylie

Urban Cowboy i'm starting to think that there is far too many unit blocks being developed or proposed to be developed in Chermside, looking at playfield street, thomas street, cnr of gympie and hamilton rd, has there been any slowing of sales in this area that you are aware of?

I agree that there is too, but its not slowing down any at the moment - i know of at least dozen-plus complexes planned for the immediate vicinity due to be started within the next 6 months. prices are going up to...we are now selling an off the plan 3/4 bed townhouse a couple of hundred yards up the road for 480k...there are many many more of the highrise complexes like you see in playfield street planned to, now that BCC are allowing upto 10 storey on gympie road there at chermside and i beleive they are allowing upto 8storeys right through to the caryard strip at kedron - so no, i don't think its slowing...and as more of the corporate bodies from in town move out to the new "cbd" there, who knows what will happen.

Letiha, which one(s) did you go through?? we've just today picked up the listing on the display homes and i'd be interested to here your thoughts...

cheers
Uc

Just bought a block of land in Warners Lake :) . The guys called me back, we spoke for around 5 mins, told me what was available, asked some questions, found a bargain and snapped it up!

I actually have not done any research but just going by this thread really. I guess the good signs are; 1) increased prices with each new release 2) Ausbuild there to push the prices up!

What is the lake like? small dingy thing or like Northlakes? This block is approx 300m from the lake. Apparently the land in between has not been developed yet.

Thanks guys!

Gonna check out your builder now Letiha. I'll say that you referred me in case I do go ahead and build with them.

Hi Sue, congrats. You have mainly been on the southside before haven't you?
Do you mind saying how much you paid, what size and how level the lot is?

and what's wrong with bevans??? :eek: actually they all live on the southside - that's why we have a moat that runs up the middle of the city... ;)

let the barrage of abuse from southsiders begin!!

LOL, That is funny. Here at Lowood, we have Mt Glorious to keep both North & South Brisbane out. :p

Hi Sue, congrats. You have mainly been on the southside before haven't you?
Do you mind saying how much you paid, what size and how level the lot is?

I am not really sure actually...can't remeber the converstaion now!! I think it's 488 sqm 15 mtr frontage with an approx 3m fall front to back. I'll definately need to do a soil test first. I think there are houses built or being built on both sides. I can't remember the price...$152k or $155k it's from the stage 10 released just came back on the market coz finance fell through so significantly cheaper than the new releases from last weekend.

Damn....I forgot to ask about the landscaping specials.

Been such a busy day today. Big Event...!! Wiggles live at Dreamworld today! it was brilliant...i think all the parents were just as excited as the kids! I have a constant neck and backache now from from Josh bopping up and down on my shoulders for like 15 mins (he's 13kg)! They sang the fav songs i.e rock a bye bear, rom a stomp, lets do the twist and hot potato :) even the real captain feathersword was there.

annual pass well worth it!

Gee Sue, I have to admire you energy and spirit. You seem like a real

research
plan
EXECUTE

type

Sounds like a very good price from the little bit I know about the market over that way. I believe the slightly smaller lots are more profitable. I think the market is becoming conditioned to not caring whether they get a 450 or a 650, as long as they can get a 4/2/2 on it, a decent covenant and streetscape, and the neighbours are respectable,

As for the Wiggles, how did the new wiggle go? Suppose the kids wouldn't know he was new.

A friend of mine knows Captain Feathersword's wife (or partner - lucky, lucky girl). He's a bit of all right. May his swash never buckle!!!

Wylie

Well done Sue...great job.

i'm sure you'll do well there...i was out there today talking to one of the display home guys we deal with occasionally and he was saying the business is belting his door down - big time!!!! He has been writing an enormous amount of contracts in there - lucky boy...was saying he gets 2k per contract and he's writing several per week...

I had a look at the master plan - the lake is going to be a decent size, no lake wivenhoe by any means (though at the moment it may hold more water when built :eek: ) but it will be big enough and will have a commercial zone and parkland around it - think forest lake style if you've been down there - or maybe even northlakes - just not at that scale and without westfields.

well done anyway - love to hear people who don't muck about!!!

Congratulations Sue.

http://www.warnerlakes.com.au/Uploads/Downloads/warnerlakesstage7-10setbackplan.pdf

This should be the area that you block is on. The total estate plan is at http://www.warnerlakes.com.au/Uploads/Downloads/WarnerLakes_EstatePlan.pdf

Ainslie from Alliance home is going to Fiji tomorrow to get married but will be back in 2 weeks. There are a few small lot designs that alliance has, they are on the webpage, i'm familar with some of the prices if you want to PM me (just a rough cost).

The Blocks in warner lakes are 65% 'H' and 35% 'M' (mine was H), the site cost were $6000, which is really cheap for H class.

yep...there the plans i saw...well done letiha!! looks to be a great estate when finished. My understanding is that the main problem now is getting the blocks to clear titles office - been some big delays apparently

Because he is gorgeous!!! My youngest is now 11 but I well remember the mothers drooling over Captain Feathersword when he appeared on stage.

This woman who knows Cap't Feathersword's partner also knows Pete Murray and to top it off, when she was 21 and studying in the US she lived with a family from Australia who were living in the US temporarily. While staying with them she was invited to lunch at the Cashes. That's right, Johnny Cash and the June Carter Cash at the lakeside house!!! She had no idea who they were until during the dinner it dawned on her that these people were famous.

Awesome!!!

cool...i love johnny cash...not something i regularly admit in public.

bet she cried when the lake house burnt down a couple of weeks ago!!:(

Letiha - yes I did ask about the soil. That is very cheap for H class. I'm pretty sure mine will be around $10k if it's H and needs retaining walls....guess it all depends on what the neighbours have done to their blocks.

The only thing with this block is that it requires settlement in 30 days. I was hoping to take a few mths break :(. This means that I'll have to find a house quickly and get to site, build and finish asap.

I did ask for traditional blocks but the cheapest was about $210k :eek: Even the small blocks in the new release start at $185k.

I think this will be an IP so I need to keep costs as low as possible.

Letiha - does alliance homes have any special offers? My budget is up to $140k house only. Is that too low? hmmm maybe $150k

Wylie - wow your friend is so lucky!

I don't think the kids mind too much about the new wiggle. It'll take some time to get used to. Jeff seems to be the most popular! but he's really old...I think almost 50? and he needs hair dye!

Back