gossip for those interested in Brisbane

A friend of mine knows Captain Feathersword's wife (or partner - lucky, lucky girl). He's a bit of all right.
"A bing bang bong, a ring rang rong, thats a pirate song".

Ah, the memories of listening to one of The Wiggles cd's with my nephew.

Personally, I think Dorothy the Dinosaur is better looking than Captain Feathersword.

Regards
Marty

Block secured in North Ridge Estate

We signed contract and paid deposit on a block at North Ridge Estate, Deception bay today.

Block was $175k for 720m2 24m frontage. The estate backs onto Northlakes on sotuhern side and has bush on 2 other sides.

Negotiated 60 settlement which is good due to ANZ being so slow.

MB called today and advised ANZ had given conditional approval:)

Should go unconditional on 11 June and then find house lookign at Tamawood or Coral most likely.

Sue - Thanks for all your help and info. re brissy market and H&L in particular.:)

Jase

Good job!

Is that big enough for a small duplex? How much are smaller blocks selling for? ie 500-600m2, 15-20 frontage.

Cheers

Luke

Hi Luke.

Thanks. Only H&L allowed in North Ridge estate (ie no duplexes, subdivisions etc due to covenants). This suits us though as H&L is our strategy and the high % of OOs in estate should help with our Long Term CG I think. There really aren't any smaller blocks in the estate all high 600m's to about 800m with 24m frontage approx. When we bought ours there were only another 3 blocks remaining out of the last 20 the developer released in late April so they have sold fast considering there are only about 150 blocks in whole estate.

Cheers

Jase

Hi Luke.

Thanks. Only H&L allowed in North Ridge estate (ie no duplexes, subdivisions etc due to covenants). This suits us though as H&L is our strategy and the high % of OOs in estate should help with our Long Term CG I think. There really aren't any smaller blocks in the estate all high 600m's to about 800m with 24m frontage approx. When we bought ours there were only another 3 blocks remaining out of the last 20 the developer released in late April so they have sold fast considering there are only about 150 blocks in whole estate.

Cheers

Jase

Thanks for the update. I've got a block in Central Lakes (962 Sqm, corner with DA for duplex) in Caboolture which settles in August, they have sold very quickly as well. It has a restrictive convenant as well, but hopefully the estate should look great.

Build cost should be what? 140k? Then rent $320 p/w?

Jase, what do you intend to do with the H&L? rent or sell?
Did you get a rent appraisal for the MB?

Hi WW,

We will Rent out the H&L which has been our IP strategy thus far. It will be our 4th IP but first in Brissy which is exciting for us given everything going on up there.

We also have 2 Ips (one H&L near completion and one other free standing house - purchased established) in Adelaide and 1 IP (H&L nearing completion) in Melbourne.

Didn't need to get rental appraisal for our MB as serviceability was fine with dual salaries and actual rent from Adealide IP and estimates of near complete IPs. We plan to build 27-30 square house for b/t $155k and $165k which should then reval for 380k min and rent for min $380 a week.

Jase

Back