Govt insulation rebate

Question - how does the govt check if insulation for your home has actually been done ? I am hearing so many stories about people rorting the system.

Assume Govt office contacts installer once claim has been submitted by home owner ?

I had to sign a piece of paper after the installation was done. They would then presumably submit this for payment.
I'm sure there is some rorting, but that's always the way.
They might be doing spot checks.

We have existing insulation in our roof, that spray in paper stuff, which has compressed over the years, someone told me that you can get the rebate if you have existing - but crappy insulation, anyone know if this is true?

Angela, my sister asked for a quote for insulation as they have very inadequate insulation, but was told that she was not eligible for the rebate as ANY insulation already there means you don't qualify.
Marg

thanks Success for the link, here is one of the eligibility criteria, think we might get a quote:

"don't already have ceiling insulation or you have ceiling insulation that is deemed as having negligible effectiveness (that is, ceiling insulation with very little or no insulation)"

Back