Great Great Service

Here is the opposite of another thread, about the best service you received from others.

I was once pulled over by a police officer for driving with no back lights, he pulled out a pad to write and told me there was a fine associated with that offense.

I apologised, told him that I had a globe in my car and absolutely no time that day to take it to someone who can change it.

He took the globe, replaced it, repaired by back light that was not working and I drove off with a fixed light and no fine :D

Great service from the police department... thanks who ever you were :)

When Rob first came to Canada, we would somtimes go to certain steakhouse restaurant which had a serve yourself buffet.When he came to the carrots (which he loves) he remarks quite loudly.."Yummm, I love carrots"
A short time later the server came over with cooked shrimp and asked if he wanted some for free...as she had never met anyone who loved carrots so much. Of course he said yes.

The part I didn't like, is she ignored me :mad: I don't like shrimp, but that wasn't the point.

Here is the opposite of another thread, about the best service you received from others.

I was once pulled over by a police officer for driving with no back lights, he pulled out a pad to write and told me there was a fine associated with that offense.

I apologised, told him that I had a globe in my car and absolutely no time that day to take it to someone who can change it.

He took the globe, replaced it, repaired by back light that was not working and I drove off with a fixed light and no fine :D

Good stuff Xenia. Great thread.

My good service story would have to be where I go to get my coffee. I travel 150 km round trip to get to this place. Art of Espresso is the name of the business. It is in Young N.S.W.

Walk in the door, place is packed. The guys making the coffee stand up on their tippy toes, lean around so they can see you, make sure they acknowledge your presence. Have a bit of a joke with you as they say g'day. Big smiles on their faces (not fake ones).

Pretty quick service for the amount of people they are serving. Good atmosphere and bloody good coffee.

They roast the beans out the back of their shop. One of not many roasters that are proud to put the roast date on the beans that you buy. Also do barista training as they are passionate about everything coffee and want to see standards lifted in the service and quality of coffee served.

Owners are very ethical also and are supporting children (through Child Fund)from the coffee bean growing areas around the world. A really good news story.

We love going there.

My good service story would have to be where I go to get my coffee. I travel 150 km round trip to get to this place. Art of Espresso is the name of the business. It is in Young N.S.W.

We love going there.

From all of your solar fandango, I got the teeniest impression that you were a budding environmentalist.

I gotta tell ya though charlie me lad, reading your story, something stood out for me. That's one hellishly expensive coffee, both $ and environmentally.

The irony is delish. Chin chin !! :)

Then people wouldn't do 150km round trips to buy their coffee ;).

Sounds more like their sales pitch :).

Baah, that could be said about any place that sells raw product and cooked.....

Another coffeeshop story...

Place next to my barber. Really liked the coffee, Italian/Spanish style food
& wines, so it's a restaurant cafe...

I had a toasted sandwich and was onto my 2nd coffee.. Couple get seated next to me and waiter says I'll find you a bigger table really soon. Another waiter comes by and fofers them water and to take their order, they say they're waiting.. I'm almost finished and they're still waiting for someone to leave.. I take my last sip & say you're welcome to this table if you like.. are you sure, thanks.. no worries.. waiter sees me also and says thanks.. he comes up & says to the girl behind the counter "Mary, can you pay for this gentleman's coffee he just gave up his table for this lovely couple" I get charged for a sandwich, I say I had 2 coffees "No, don't worry. thank you !!" I like the atmosphere of how this is how we are, not that it was a one off person. all the staff are the same.

From all of your solar fandango, I got the teeniest impression that you were a budding environmentalist.

I gotta tell ya though charlie me lad, reading your story, something stood out for me. That's one hellishly expensive coffee, both $ and environmentally.

The irony is delish. Chin chin !! :)

Dazz, thats why I bought an espresso coffee machine. I only have to go there every two weeks now. Dazz, I am a farmer and yes I am on the green side but I am also a practical person and sometimes mate you just have to burn a bit of diesel. No irony at all.

By the way Dazz, was talking to an investment banker the other day and he was talking solar and he said in his circumstances at the current 20 cent gross feed in in NSW he can make the solar return 30% on his money. Just goes to show there are ways of making the solar a goer from a pure economical point of view.

I've had great service from the Police at various stations too... :D

I've walked in late at night with multiple copies of entire trusts deeds to be certified - they have to look at each page, comapre it to the original, sign and stamp said page.... painstaking..... but they did without a hint of complaint, and a "happy to be of service" smile when they finished.

Excellent.

The Y-man

went for a "tall ship" sydney harbour night cruise with meal and drinks included. i looooooove freshly shucked oysters and commented to the waiter who bought the tray around.

every trip he made thereafter, he stopped at me first, let me wolf down as many as i wanted before heading off .... :D .... yummmmmmmm

actually, the entire service on that sailing cruise was fabulous.

I once bought a computer from Dell. The hard drive broke and when I rang they said they would deliver a new one within 2 to 4 business days. 2 hours later there was one at my door.

I once bought a computer from Dell. The hard drive broke and when I rang they said they would deliver a new one within 2 to 4 business days. 2 hours later there was one at my door.

Yeah DELL do generally try hard and they have their good stories, I've had pleasant experiences with them, but then also unfortunately absolute hell with them that took 12 mths to resolve. It all depends on how deep rooted the issues are. But I finally got a full blown refund 12 months after my purchase because I brought in fair trading. I spent about 15k with DELL over 3 years and the first 2 years were bliss, so I was sad to see things change in the third year after I felt I had a good relationship with them.

I actually had a good experience with Optus recently.

I have internet tethering on my mobile phone. The other day, I was streaming live sports at home while charging my phone on my laptop. I stupidly didn't realise that the internet connection was now coming through my phone (and not my home wireless modem).

I received a bill for literally 10 times what I normally pay. I couldn't believe, surely something wasn't right. I called Optus, they said my downloads were through the roof. At that point it clicked, the bloody basketball games I watched! I explained to the guy how stupid I was and that I'll turn the tethering off on the phone, etc. He was kind enough to remove the excess downloads off the bill - with a stern "make sure you turn that internet tethering off." I was pretty happy :)

Jamie

Back