Hans Down

I can't help but think it was a tad harsh. I don't like the Hans Spam either but I don't think the course is completely useless. It is information that can be obtained at a cheaper dollar cost elsewhere however it would require a large investment in time and effort to obtain. The question is what is your time worth? For me, at the time, it wasn't worth $3,500 so I learned it all myself. I'd imagine for most this would be the same. Now if the course was $499...??

It does however deliver the information in an easy to consume form (I prefer watching DVDs than to reading books) and I think it does have *some* place for cash rich time poor new investor. I agree with Neil in that the marketing is a turn off, although according to Hans no-one was buying his course when he tried a simple marketing approach.

I purchased it a few years ago and returned it for a refund (which was promptly given).

Admittedly i havent watched the DVD's. I have read through the transcript of his Master series...

One thing i guess about Hans is that he doesnt sell property from wat i understand.

So thats a start!

Like all things in life - whether it be a book - video or cd....one piece of information gained from the source can pay for your outlay many times over...and depending upon the the type of person you are....will determine what you make of it.

For all of Henry Kayes faults...he had innovative techniques that in boom times...can yield a fortune. (Admittedly risky - but each to their own). Henry Kaye in essence was marketing cfd's (contracts for difference - using bonds) for property.

In reading hans master series - one simple fact he says is "buy in a depressed mkt not boom" - now whilst that is not a "Secret" - i dare say if the plethora of investors that bought during the boom had listened to this simple fact...they wouldnt have had any problem forking out the $3k.

I found the article surprising that he hammered the marketing style so much...

I think he may be over stepping the line...i didnt know he was judge and jury on mkt styles...

What - so if i letter drop...im rubbish? Funnily enough one of my last direct mkt campaigns offered people the "opportunity to discover the ""Secrets to depreciation"".....unfortunately most people find that boring and not as many took up my opportunity as i thought!! (in fact i think it was 2!!) Luckily i hadnt written the secrets...cause i waited to see if anyone was interested!!

Maybe hans can get me on board and i show Neil some real "secrets"!!!

BUT the fact is my "secrets" aren't really "secrets"...they are in the ITAA 1997....BUT how many people want to read that and more importantly understand the division 43 and 40 of the ITAA 1997 - -and then couple that with my extensive building knowledge, my degree in construction economics and my thesis on tax depreciation....MMMM no secret here...not many!!!

But sometimes..you use mkt skills to get people there...."Thats the secret"

Regards

I too have recently unsubscribed to the "Hans" spam. I was getting emails about his "secrets" almost every other day and got fed up with it.
Have you seen his website..Yuk..its purple with yellow highlighted words which makes it look like spam. That aside though I have read his book "How to be Rich and Happy on your Income" and loved it.
Like all information resources read, learn and filter what is relevant in your personal circumstances.

I started reading the article but too long winded. Same Jenman article, different spruiker. I know the jist and I have moved on.

I did once pay $US500 for a set of CD's from a US property guru/spruiker called Carlton Sheets while i lived in San Francisco. It started my property investing journey. I then learnt about Jan Somers, Peter Spann and the Property Investor magazine etc.

I would not pay the $3k these guys want. But the big thing i learnt from the course was that i could own more than the one investment property. But back 9 yrs ago, there was no such thing as these types of forums.

The likes of Hans, Kaye Kyosaki, Lomas etc are not what makes someone successful or non successful! It is ones own goals, plans and action that will altermately determine that.

If you pay $5000 for a course and it has stimulated a thought process down to an action plan was it worth it? Of course it was ;)

Anything can be a rip off if you do nothing about it.

I don't like Han's style of marketing nor his glorification of simple ideas, but is that any different to anyone else.

How about paying a jenman agent 5% of the purchase price of your house (which includes your equity and they didn't take the risk to borrow the money!) just to find a buyer when all the real work and title transfers are done by a conveyancer who gets paid $500! How unethical is that! And has it improved your mind in the meantime?

If you buy groceries at a supermarket, do they charge you 5% of what you bought? Why do agen't s do that? Why is it accepted?

If you try to look past the venom and negative anchoring Jenman's books and phylosophies are great, the ethics themselves are fantastic but do they come cheap? Absolutely not, he charges franchise fees to all agents who want to be labelled as "ethical"

But is self promotion at other's expense an ethical thing to do? (Ie putting others down constanty so that you can look good in the face of the public).

Who is being the real rip off here Hans or Jenman?

Mr J's targets I divide into two categories:

1. The real shonks and villains
2. The genuine people who have become big enough targets to become shonks and villains in Mr J's eyes.

Back