Hard to imagine.

I think it was a great post so new people like myself can really visualise what we are doing. So thanks for that! As hard as it seems right now - all will be good

Great point PI141,

That's how I read Battler's thread too. Puts everything into perspective. Just keep at it and time will do it's thing!

Thanks Battler for the thread. I found the information very interesting and helpful too.

Regards Jason.

I think it was a great post so new people like myself can really visualise what we are doing. So thanks for that! As hard as it seems right now - all will be good

You said it PI.

My biggest profit so far has come from a house I bought in 96ish for $176k and sold in 2003 for 640k. It had a skillion roof and was made up of vertical asbestos. It was quite ugly really but positioned in argueably the best street in the suburb and 200m walk to the beach. :)

I'm sure our parents thought we were mad and we couldn't believe we were paying so much money for it. We even borrowed $2000 from husband's parents to get over the line.

Then we dealt with the usual- "Did we do the right thing?" questions.

Time was the Judge of that! :)

All will be good.

Regards JO

Thanks Battler for the thread. I found the information very interesting and helpful too.

Your welcome.:)

We kept that house about 4 years and then bought again for 35k, bit bigger, big shed:D and closer to civilisation.

This one we had for 15 years and peaked at about 120k, but we sold at 110k on the bottom, but it didn't matter as we also bought the next one at the bottom.

The next one we bought for 150k and would sell for roughly 450k after 12 years, but is on two 2000sqm blocks on separate titles and the vacant block would probably bring 150k on its own.

Why haven't I developed it? I like my privacy and it will be developed one day , but not while we want to live here.

Hope that helps.:)

Back