Has anyone sold a property using myhomeisforsale.com.au ?

Has anyone used these guys to sell his property?
http://www.myhomeisforsale.com.au

Apparently they are a registered Real estate agency in Vic and claim to offer 100% selling service (except viewings) using a street sign and listings on domain & realestate.com and other property websites for $420 +$79/month.

They are so sure of their success that if after a couple of months the property doesn't sell they'll give you a refund and refer you to another agent in your suburb.

I'm thinking of giving them a try.
What do you think?

The alternative is 2.5% of agency fees so for a property worth $400K
I'll be up for $10K in selling costs

We sold two of our properties ourselves earlier this year, using MHIFS as a way to advertise on realestate.com.au and domain.com.au. We were extremely pleased with the results. Both properties were tenanted at the time, and as we self-manage, it was easy to negotiate viewing times with the tenants, sometimes at fairly short notice. Both properties sold after showing one and two prospectives through, respectively - no home opens required. We also got record prices for both properties. (I should note however, that since then, the heat has come off the market.)

In short, we would absolutely sell properties again using MHIFS. I recommend it to anybody who is prepared to give it a go.

I'm in no way affiliated, etc etc - this was our genuine experience :)

Thanks Jen
It sounds like the way to go because every buyer these days uses the internet.
How much did it cost you?
Also, does the street sign has your own phone number or theirs?
Cheers

i'm interested to use this too.
Would be able to put a more competitive price due to the savings in cost.

I'll give them a try.
I've had a chat with them and found out a bit more.

The only problem I see is with realestate.com which is an agent's website so they won't let the listing have the name or tel number of anyone who isn't a licenced real estate agent.

So my listing on realsestate.com will have the MHIFS contact details which is inconvenient but its still better than nothing. However, my listing on domain.com can have my own contact details.

Regarding the street sign, unless the property is in a location where a lot of cars drive past they don't recommend it.

Their suggestion was to save my $ and try listing the property without a sign for a month or so.

I've just signed up for $420 and they'll add for free the promotional pack which includes the street sign, brochures etc

I've just signed up for $420 and they'll add for free the promotional pack which includes the street sign, brochures etc

Keep us updated!

Looking to sell my place in a few months so will be interested to see how it goes. Can you provide a link to the realestate . com ad?

Will do.
I'm not ready to upload photos yet, I had to rush a bit and sign up because they close for Xmas and I wanted my listing up before then

Hi BV,

How have you got on using this service - have you found a buyer yet?

Did not having your contact details on RE.com.au cause any issues?

Thanks
Neil

Hi Neil

After paying the $420 and listing the property for 2 days
I decided that it was too much work for me because I didn't live in the area and I was also occupied with the renovation.

So I took the property off the market and listed it through an agent.

My experience with the MHIFS people is that they were quick to sign me up but not so quick in providing a service.
For example, I was waiting long to get the RPData report I asked for and the property took a while to list.
After sending in a complain the property appeared on domain and after another complaint on realestate.com plus a few other sites.

They also didn't put my own contact details on domain like they said they would. The above problems didn't worry me because I wasn't in a hurry to sell but they need chasing up.

In the couple of days the listing was up I had a couple of sales enquiries so there are buyers around looking to buy.

I hope this helps.

Back