Has Somersoft changed or have I?

Why not? Is Sim's primary interest RE or IT? I honestly don't know.

Good question. I have quite a bit invested in real estate - both financially and emotionally.

I also have a major investment in IT - again, both financially and emotionally.

Many of my IT clients are in the real estate industry too.

I'd say it might be close to a tie between them.

Then again, I also run a site about zoos. How does that fit? I dunno!

speaking of resources:

statistics can be made to present any case you want.
Looks like graphs can as well.

This on marcus today:

Attachments

• stagesofbubble.jpg
    stagesofbubble.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 54
  • resourcesector.jpg
    resourcesector.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 57
Unfortunately Peter's post helped set the tone.
I'm sorry I was wrong here.

It's more a disagreement which has escalated, with blame not to be attached to one side. A small point which has escalated- Peter was responding to Previous posts.

My apologies to Peter.

I'm sorry I was wrong here.

It's more a disagreement which has escalated, with blame not to be attached to one side. A small point which has escalated- Peter was responding to Previous posts.

My apologies to Peter.

Apologies accepted, wise and valued Moderator.

Logging off, Peter 14.7

In regards to the thread topic,

residential property: price trend borring, few horror stories, few how i made a million in two years stories
Australian sharemarket: overall indexes: boring, range bound.
Metals: gold/silver: after the peak last year, is currently trending softly down, but still within the parameters of its long term secular bull market pricing range.

So whats to grab the excitement headlines??

Personally i am quite content with boring, makes investing much easier.

But dont worry the environment wont stay like this for ever. For better or worse i am sure that in the years to come there will be another period of great excitement. There will be lots of stories then, lots of questions and lots of people trying to replicate others past success.

And so the seasons move on, yet remain the same.

Why did you need to take 2 cheap shots a Lizzie? .... I would have thought you would consider that English may be her second language

Ah - English is the first language ... albeit Nu Zeelund ... and a published author.

Which makes me wonder - what grammar problem?

I did get lazy with the capitals during a stage because Junior dropped orange juice in the keyboard and the shift key on the LHS didn't work.

I don't know what you're talking about.

You seem to be making a big deal about this and some of us can't see what the big deal is. Some of us seem to be happy enough with the administration etc which you seem to be attacking pretty strongly and repeatedly in your replies.

That sort of thing ?

You seem to be making a big deal about this and some of us can't see what the big deal is. Some of us seem to be happy enough with the administration etc which you seem to be attacking pretty strongly and repeatedly in your replies.

That sort of thing ?

All my reply's are getting deleted so i won't bother any more, yeah it's no big deal, just 20-30 guys chatting on a small internet forum about property.

It always seems to me to be a shame when discussions degenerate into personal abuse. I've learnt a LOT from this site, and from that I am very thankful.

I, for one, hope we can continue to have robust, critical debate where we kick the hell out of an idea - not each other.

All my reply's are getting deleted so i won't bother any more, yeah it's no big deal, just 20-30 guys chatting on a small internet forum about property.

Then just join in & have a good time.....

What's the problem ?

What else do you think this is then a number of people having a chin wag about a topic ?

So you make a post using one of the worst four letter words in te language and complain when it's deleted? Obviously it's the mods at fault again.

The minority on the forum who disagree with the general current of opinion (left wingers, bears, anti buy property at the moment......) are shouted down, intimidated, etc

I predicted long ago this forum would end up being a bunch of people who all agree with each other and slap each other on the back.

I think its coming true. I hardly post here anymore. Its become pretty boring.

Here's one of my favorite quotes:

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. -- Frank Zappa

Something to keep in mind.

Good question. I have quite a bit invested in real estate - both financially and emotionally.

I also have a major investment in IT - again, both financially and emotionally.

Many of my IT clients are in the real estate industry too.

I'd say it might be close to a tie between them.

Then again, I also run a site about zoos. How does that fit? I dunno!

Don't forget Comparefunds for Managed Funds comparison charts & statistics, you never plug it but I will :D

speaking of resources:

statistics can be made to present any case you want.
Looks like graphs can as well.

This on marcus today:

Here one of those with the volatility taken out :D

Attachments

• XJR.JPG
    XJR.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 51
just 20-30 guys chatting on a small internet forum about property.

Hmm ... in the past 30 days there have been 794 different people who have contributed to this community. Between them they have made 9,477 posts in that time.

"There is no conversation more boring that the one where everybody agrees" - Michel de Montaigne

Having said that I'm not sure how many appreciate just how difficult it must be to moderate a forum well, let alone please everyone which we know is impossible.

The minority on the forum who disagree with the general current of opinion (left wingers, bears, anti buy property at the moment......) are shouted down, intimidated, etc

Come on mate. There are plenty of genuinely helpful posters who don't engage in such activities and are predominantly here to provide assistance. Posters who merely come on to debate opinions are more likely to get caught up in your above statement. Both bears and bulls can be guilty of this when they possess great attachment to their opinions.

Since the norm don't invest in property, PI's must all be progressing? Evan, you can twist any words around when you get bored. People who just come on here for personal stimulation rather than to genuinely help or learn make me wonder why they bother. The forum is bound to become stale for all those.

I predicted long ago this forum would end up being a bunch of people who all agree with each other and slap each other on the back.

I think its coming true. I hardly post here anymore. Its become pretty boring.

Something to keep in mind.

This was certainly the case when I joined this forum and I am much more reserved in the views I present on this forum, than I am on others which are more accepting of the perspective of those that don't expect property to continue to increase in value at this point in time.

I disagree with both your points.

1st, the saying i quoted (and which you referenced) is not about property investing, its about general behaviour. As this thread is, about behavior on the forum. Nothing to do with PI.

2nd. If what you're saying is correct then this forum purely a property investing information portal. bzzzt....wrong! The majority of the regular posters come here for entertainment and to receive and give information related to PI.

Its as much about communicating and entertainment as it is about information. There is a million places on the net to find info on property investing.

Online forums all have a certain character, a culture as it were. And this one has decidedly has become full of newbies, christian conservatives and spruikers.

Also, i think it has become a microcosm of society at large in the sense that people think its bad to disagree. Or even to have a spirited debate on topics.

How wrong that is. Its just reflects the blandness in society under a right wing, conservative country started by Howard and co. and perpetuated by Abbott et al.

Come on mate. There are plenty of genuinely helpful posters who don't engage in such activities and are predominantly here to provide assistance. Posters who merely come on to debate opinions are more likely to get caught up in your above statement. Both bears and bulls can be guilty of this when they possess great attachment to their opinions.

Since the norm don't invest in property, PI's must all be progressing? Evan, you can twist any words around when you get bored. People who just come on here for personal stimulation rather than to genuinely help or learn make me wonder why they bother. The forum is bound to become stale for all those.

Back