Hear Steve McKnight - April Affluencia meeting

Hi Ladies,

I am very pleased to announce our Women Investing in Property April speaker is Steve McKnight. Please go to http://www.affluencia.com to RSVP. Wendy :)

"Steve McKnight, #1 best-selling author and founder, propertyinvesting.com has achieved tremendous success investing in property and is our April special guest!

A trained Chartered Accountant, Steve is recognised as one of Australia's leading positive cashflows experts. Steve's straight-forward and no-hype investing strategies have helped many other investors fast-track their property investing success. If you have ever considered investing in property, you cannot afford to miss this rare opportunity to meet one of the most respected property investing experts. Don't miss out!

Steve's latest offering, From 0 to 260+ Properties in 7 years!, is well on the way to becoming another best seller. Attend the April meeting, bring along Steve's latest book and get your copy personally signed by the author! As a special bonus, everyone that brings along a book to be signed will receive a FREE GIFT!

With all book proceeds going to charity, I encourage you to visit your favourite book store to secure your copy today!

To hear Steve speak, register NOW via Upcoming Events!"

Wendy

It would appear that every post you've made on the forum so far is advertising an event.

While we don't stop people from promoting events, we do like to encourage people to make a positive contribution to the forum.

Conversely, the professionals in the forum who contribute freely of their own knowledge are probably the ones who have picked up the most business.

If you are only using this forum to promote events without sharing knowledge, there may be better places to do so.

Hi Geoff,

I have participated in other posts, you just may not have seen (or been interested in) them.

The Women Investing in property events are free events for ladies to attend, network, share stories and learn. Speakers on various topics are sourced and a great deal of knowledge is exchanged at these events.

It may not suit you that I channel my energy into organising these events to educate and empower women, rather than surf a forum, but that is how I have chosen to help others. The events are very popular and the feedback has been extremely positive. If posting about an event on this forum inpires just one lady to take action towards achieving financial freedom, then that makes it all worthwhile.

Thanks for your feedback. Have a great day.
Wendy

Hi Geoff,

I have participated in other posts, you just may not have seen (or been interested in) them.

Wendy

Nope - all seven of your posts seem to be ads ...

Unless you have a different account for your actual contributions?

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/search.php?searchid=421876

Quite. Every post has been on a seminar or meeting. Wendy, how about giving us a rundown of your investing experience? Wins / losses? Good deals, bad deals, how you got started, etc?
Alex

I have a multi-million +cashflow portfolio. Sold a couple of properties last week for $200K+ clear profit after holding them for 14 months. Losses: bought a -ve geared property at the end of the 2003 Melbourne boom, learnt huge lessons and have since sold it. Good deals: spent $14K on a block of flats reno which increased rents by 122%

I now devote a lot of my time to educating and empowering others to achieve financial freedom through property investing.

Have a great night gents.
Wendy

Here you go lads:

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?p=252843

Hello Simon. I remember you from your propertyinvesting.com post. How are you?
Wasn't that just promoting Dymphna's event?

Wendy, you've obviously achieved a lot in your own right.

This forum is also about educating people. I'm only one of many people who have spent a lot of time and effort in sharing what we have done. And I haven't done anything like what you have done.

When I came into this forum, I asked a lot of questions and received a lot of advice from people who knew a whole lot more than me- they often did not appreciate it. I was obviously a know nothing newby.

I still ask questions, but I also try to share back into the forum a little of my own experience over the past few years- however limited my experience has been.

You wish to empower women. That's great. I have no objection with your aims whatsoever.

My suggestion is that you could do more towards empowering by showing women (or people of whatever gender) in the forum what you have achieved. By sharing in what you have done. By helping people in their first steps, as they struggle to see what property investing can do for them.

I appreciate that you spend time organising events in trying to achieve the same ends.

But this forum is about people trying to help people- not just people trying to promote events. I'd suspect that you could empower a lot more women by showing first what you have to offer- once you can show that you have really achieved something yourself, and have credibility, you would be able to empower a lot more people.

If that's what you want, it would not take heaps of time to make heaps of posts. Just enough to provide some small quantity of high quality posts.

I'm sorry, I don't agree with this- the comment is unfair. If you have participated, it must have been with another username. I did search for all of your posts before I responded. Every one of the seven posts you had made have the heading "Seminar" or "meeting", and have included information about the event (either about the event you attended, or about events you were promoting).
It may not suit you that I channel my energy into organising these events to educate and empower women, rather than surf a forum, but that is how I have chosen to help others.
You've done well to organise the events. All power to you. I've been there. It can be a thankless task. But it can be as much about educating myself as educating other people.

If you do want to inspire others, show them what you've got and what you have done. It doesn't need to take a massive amount of time "surfing". Just explain a little about what you have done, your inspirations, how you got over hurdles, financing problems- whatever you feel might help.

It was not my intention to attack. If you took it that way, I am sorry- it was not my intention. I'm just trying to encourage you, as a very successful investor, to share in how you got to be successful- and in doing so, to inspire others along the way.

Hi Geoff,

I have spent far more time on other forums rather than this one (mainly propertyinvesting.com). I have the same user name there if you want to check my number of posts.

I find many of the forums are used as places for people to attack and vent without any accountability. My first post on this forum was in response to people having a go at someone that I have met and found to be a genuine person. I was not promoting their event, just responding to a post. Actually, the nature of that post and how people just attacked was a major reason for not posting anything further for quite some time. As I stated earlier, it is not just limited to this forum, it seems to occur on any of them.

That said, I am more than happy to help others out, especially the newbies, as we all have to start somewhere. Where my time permits, I'll keep an eye on this forum and post if I think it would be of value to people.

Wendy

hi wendy
you can tell from my name I am also on propertyinvestor.com and it is interesting that you are promoting steve here and if I go as I did to your mentors that you have kirk and and brendan both off the same site.
I do contribute to both boards but I would not promote via either and is this a promotion by your site or by these mentors.
networking is great but I am trying to work out why you would but this up for people to go.is it to enpower women or is it to get people to go to a mentoring or power class.
and I think its the latter.
steve tried to have a two section site and it was a failure and now its enpowering women well sorry women do not need empowering, people need enpowering.
I have had a look thru the site and it tells me alot about how you enpower women
but not what you have done or achieved as the light for them to follow.
it tell me about lots of meetings and that lots are organised but the are all thru mentoring systems.
you need to tell people what you are and what you have done not steve or brendan I have no intention in going to see or talk to either.
and looking at the site the first post would have been 0207 thats not alot of time to say who you want to be with a total of 11 reply and a total of 8 posts and of those only 1 is a post not yours I think that you need to reread that paperwork that steve and brendan gave you.
I am all for promotion but the person promoting is the person to promote.
my .002

Hi Grossrealisation,

I have asked Steve to speak to the ladies as he has some interesting things to say and I know the ladies will benefit. Steve has kindly accepted. I have great respect for both Kurek and Brendan and so have included them as mentors. Each person offers something a little different.

The fact you don't think ladies need empowering reaffirms that they do. Funny how it is usually men that make this comment. Many of the ladies that attend the meetings so do by word of mouth, from people that do know what I have done so there is no need to put it on the site. I find it interesting that you all seem to have to know what someone has done in order to have any faith in their ability.

Now what was that I was saying about people using forums to have a go at people...

The aim of the Women Investing in Property meetings is to educate, inspire and empower. Feedback has shown the meetings achieve this.

Wendy

hi wendy
interesting that you have not read the post.
I did not say that women do not need enpowering I said people not just women need enpowering because you have a requirement that men believe that women have not got this power is not the case, it is the case that people try to decide what people say or think to get to there own ends.
if you re read women do not need enpowering people do and thats both genders you for some reason think thats exclusive to women and its not.
and no it not funny that men think one way it people like yourself that seem to think that there is this great divide for me there is not and it shows a complete misunderstanding of human nature to think that you would try to generalise all men as some thing that only you understand sorry you are wrong.
and yes you do need to know what people have done to understand what they can do.
why
simply because if you can't so what.
life is made up of doers not sayers and you can be a sayer but if you can't do anything well it doesn't matter if your male or female your a waste of time and energy sorry but true and if you are telling the ladies that come to your class any different not only are they wasting money but they are waisting time as well.
i don't have a go at people but i do if they do not
A know what they are talking about
B they are telling people things that are incorrect
c saying what they are and there not
d promoting stuff that they don't understand
not sure where you fit into the above.
and thats not having a go its tell the truth which you may find very unusual on the net
and if you want to empower the first thing you want to start to do is tell the truth you may believe if you do or you don't that men are the one eyed monster well start to tell the truth we arn't.
I have more women it my group then men not because I have to but because they earnt it.
my .002

More Power to You Gross Realisation. Thanks for all your support.

Your posts are hard to translate. Use a grammar checker next time. My .02 worth

Have a great day
Wendy

Hi Wendy
As a fellow female investor I would really appreciate it if you could share your knowledge with the forum. I am not able to go to the Melbourne seminar and so would miss out.

Regarding the empowerment thing - I think people may view this issue differently to others. My view is that if people need empowerment it means that their power has been taken away. What I think you are trying to achieve is to provide the encouragement and tools that women need in order to be successful in investing. I do acknowledge that some women prefer to do this in an all female environment. I myself do prefer the mixed seminars since men and women do approach things differently and having a balance is a good thing.

If your seminars mean the different between someone not doing something and getting the education and courage to do something then all the power to you.

Please try not to be offended if other forumites question your motives - we just want to know your story as it would help/inspire other forumites.

cheers
amanda

We are all capable of achieving great things in life and I am a strong believer that you always get whatever your mind is focused on. That said, to achieve greatness in life, you need to get rid of all limiting beliefs.

People use all sorts of excuses for not doing things in their life, age, gender and kids seem to be the biggest excuses and people find all sorts of reasons to justify them.

"It's a man's world and it's different for women, women have to work harder to achieve the same things"
"It's easier to sell if you are female, people trust women more than men"

Both statements above can be as true as you accept them to be, they certainly have no truth in my world becauase I don't accept either of them.

Excuses are lies you tell yourself for not having succeeded. It is best to let them go and get on with life and success.

Women only mixing with other women (especially ones that "feel more comfortable with only other women") only reinforces the limiting belief they have about their gender. I don't believe that it really helps them!

Empowerement can be achieved by mixing with empowered people and this is certainly not gender-specific there are great people in both genders. ;)

Things never change...

After not having posted nor read this forum for 3-4 years it's good to see that things still haven't changed. Forumites are still jump down your throat really quickly at any hint of a "spam" posting.

Back