help!...Body corp / Building developer repairs

Hi there, I was after some advice in relation to building repairs needed for my apartment that is 8 years old.

My apartment is on level 1, with one apartment above me. My bedroom roof is leaking, and the wall of my bathroom (shares same walls as bedroom) is leaking from the inside?I'm guessing coming from the same leak as my bedroom.

What are my rights in this situation?
Does the Domestic Building Contracts Act 1995 warranty apply as the building is less than 10 years old?
What steps would you suggest I take?do I involve the body corporation, or building developer??
Would I need to involve VCAT or consumer affairs (or something simular)?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, feeling very overwhelmed at the extent of the potential damage, and not really sure what to do :confused:

Thanks!!

I contacted my Body Corp manager in November 2013 advising him of the leak in my bedroom. He sent a plumber around but nothing happened, and its getting worse. I have now taken photos of everything.

I contacted my Body Corp manager in November 2013 advising him of the leak in my bedroom. He sent a plumber around but nothing happened, and its getting worse. I have now taken photos of everything.

Uh, and you haven't followed up with the BC Manager??? :eek:

The Y-man

Contact the strata agent and reiterate your problem documenting the call in writing. If they are not the manager or owner, go above them.

In the meantime, contact your states Department of Fair Trading and lodge a complaint.

Back