Help!,Can you Decipher my number plate?

Hi all

Just wondering if my number plate will work like i hoped for my new work van

DTL-33R

Its suppose to say DETAILER
Did you get or did it make no sense? i can try another combination (a dearer one:rolleyes:) DTALER, i also have IWAX4U and WASHME
its for car detailing business van

Hi slumpMonkey,

Nope,doesn't make sense.Thought it had something to do with property back to front REEL TD:p

3 plates you mentioned sound good,worth the extra $'s.

What about:

Cartel

Cargun

Mrwash

Sudsme

HiWash

Hywash

Iwash2

Carzme

Whynot

All i can think of atm.

Cheers Spades.

I wouldn't bother at all. It is a van so I am assuming it is going to be sign written ? Spend the $$ you were going to spend on the personal plate and put it into upgrading your signage.

Another great idea I have seen is to have a HEAP of fridge magnets on the car in a drawn box that says "take one" there is a "dent doctor" guy here who does it and when I see the van at the shops I often notice that the level of magnets is less when I come out of woollies than when I went in :). Clever :).

Good luck with your business.

I'm with Mojos - spend your money on the van and be done with it. Unless very clear, personalised plates are just annoying

My number plate is easy to decipher ... it's one the RTA gave me

BG57UP

big 57 up ... my hubby thinks it's hillarious

I kind of thought a lot of people just look straight past sign writing but when I see a plate I try work it out then, it makes people think, like engages them?

$400 per year for the plate and id need to get one decent job from it to pay for itself

Nope, I couldn't work it out :(

Needs to be easier for me, one of the others is better ( I wash ?)and I like the magnet box on the van idea too.

I like moyjo's idea and direct $$$ towards signage rather than plates.

Imo,i don't think number plates would have a major impact.

Cheers Spades.

Ps.
IWAX4U isn't bad, but that could be interpreted as a lady getting ready for a date.

lol :D

Last edited:
I'm with Moyjos on this too. I wouldn't even look at the number plate, but would be snapping the side of the van with my camera phone if I wanted to keep it for future use, or taking the magnet.

For what it is worth, I worked out fairly quickly what the plate said, but I agree that D-Taler is much clearer. But if I was in traffic, I wouldn't spend the five seconds or so that it took me without risking a crash. And I would no way spend $400 per year just to have a personalised plate.

Spend it on other things...

I wouldn't bother at all. It is a van so I am assuming it is going to be sign written ? Spend the $$ you were going to spend on the personal plate and put it into upgrading your signage.

Another great idea I have seen is to have a HEAP of fridge magnets on the car in a drawn box that says "take one" there is a "dent doctor" guy here who does it and when I see the van at the shops I often notice that the level of magnets is less when I come out of woollies than when I went in :). Clever :).

Good luck with your business.

+1. I wouldn't bother with the personalised plate at all.

A number plate is such a small amount of real estate on a vehicle.
You have the whole van + option of add ons and attachments for no extra ongoing cost, why not use them and no ongoing fees.
Be more creative and effective with your marketing budget.

Website address should be no.1 priority, and logo, colour scheme, phone number, etc.

Here's a creative example, beats custom plates....

Attachments

• car.png
    car.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 94
I saw a clever car today.

On the back of the car it said "Having trouble getting it up?"

Then a picture of a forklift with a big box on it that had written "we can help you". :D

People remember clever stuff like that/

My brother works for Mr Poo.:rolleyes: It's written on all the cars. I refused to get in it.

I remember a local plumber had written "where a flush beats a full house".

So I agree that good signwriting may be better value than number plates.

Hi all

Just wondering if my number plate will work like i hoped for my new work van

DTL-33R

Its suppose to say DETAILER
Did you get or did it make no sense? i can try another combination (a dearer one:rolleyes:) DTALER, i also have IWAX4U and WASHME
its for car detailing business van

I think only one 3 otherwise it's Detaileer

Iwax4u reminds me of a mobile Brazilian ;)

I'd probably do another washme like wa5hme

Back