Help pse: Rendered fence

Hi everyone.

We have just settled on our first Australian property. Yah!

Anyway, a bit of advice would be appeciated. The property is on a corner section, and has an unpainted picket fence at the moment. I think I might paint it to spruce it up as it's just so ugly at the moment.

But I would really like one of those fantastic fancy looking rendered fences that lots of people on the GC seem to have. Now, I don't know anything much about bricks and rendering, but was pondering whether there is a cheap way to build a fence (without bricks) maybe blocks are cheaper, or some kind of board, and then render it, or even something that goes up and looks like a real brick rendered fence, but isn't? Is there? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Can't wait to start renovating again.

Cheers QB

You could build a blue board fence and render that.

You'd have to attach it to a framework so it was sturdy.
They render blue board that's nailed to houses so I don't see why not. Unless a car backed into it.

If you want something long term then I would go for the block wall on an engineered footing. You probably will pay for what you get. If it is a reno to be sold then maybe the modular would be more economical. Blueboard may be ok but make sure the footings for the posts are to spec to avoid movement.

Hi QB and Congratualtions!

If your main objective is to find a cheaper way of putting in a rendered fence then the blue board option would be the main contender. I agree with Rockstar re footings.

Wishing you every success,

Ana

When I was driving around south of Kingscliffe NSW (Salt Estate) a few weeks back, there were places there that had Tilt Up Concrete fencing. Some even had patterns in them. Similar construction to warehouses .

Don't know the cost but once painted they looked great.

Gee Cee

Greg

Back