HELP - where do I start looking in Brisbane?

Just on the OP scores. My son who did senior last year and whose (totally un-snotty) private school had 40% of the seniors get OP 1-5 (from memory) told me that he heard some of the elite schools ask their low achievers not to attend on the day the score exam (cannot remember what it is called) is sat by "every" senior. This exam is somehow used to set the benchmark for the OPs (or something like that). That way the school looks better because its score is not pulled lower by the low achievers..

Only a rumour, but could well be true if they want the money to keep flowing.

So, don't be totally fooled by the OP scores that make it to the paper.

Wylie

yeah, A. Crk is still lower middle class in my view, with smatterings of bogan central, despite what some will pay for the homes out there.

frightening really - i would have thought that for the eastern side of old northern rd...and middle class for the western - but there a more and more pockets fetching big prices out here now - well into the 700k's is fairly common and there is the odd 800+ sale around now too!!!

not lower class anymore!! very hard to get anything under 400k in the nicer parts...

As a follow on to a previous question, your best bet to avoid traffic snarls if you are heading to (or through) the city at peak hours is the train. No traffic jams on the train line.

Plenty of good suburbs near rail station, just stay far enough away so you avoid being too close to the station.

Wylie

Urban Cowboy as another Northsider I would like to echo your thoughs regarding the transport situation on the south. I have particularly found it to be the case since I live northside but am renovating a property southside. Once I cross that bridge to get south the traffic is terrible. Like you say if all is flowing then it's great but some roadworks,an accident or even a full exit ramp .... it just grinds to a halt. Northside seems much more capable of handling problems.

Also I like living northside as I work northside.... nothing worse than crossing those bridges in peak hour.

And just so you know the real QLD i.e. "God's country" doesn't start till you cross the river. Southside and Gold Coast doesn't count sorry :)

Or you live close to where you work and cycle :D. Got to be able to avoid the main roads though or have a cycle path ...

kaf

Well..... yes. It is just that we are keeping quiet about it to keep the riff raff out :D Wylie

WE have to - as soon as they cross the bridge, they clog up all our roads - poor northsiders simply don't know HOW to drive!!! :D

Cheers
LynnH

Back