Help with lineal meter conversion

Hi Guys

Trying to quote up some timber.

We have 70sqm in total floor space, and figure we need 10% in wastage, so we are at 77sqm of timber.
The boards we are considering are 150x22 Baltic Pine, recycled. Can anyone tell me roughly how much we require then in lineal meters?

Thanks!

Krisk,

150x22 Baltic Pine will be 150mm wide & 22mm thick (thickness is irrelevant for this calc).

Maths is:
77 = 0.15 x X where X is the lineal metres you require
Therefore X = 77 / 0.15
X = 513.33 metres

So 500 lineal metres should give you 75 sq. meters in area

Cheers,
Aimjoy

Hi Guys

Trying to quote up some timber.

We have 70sqm in total floor space, and figure we need 10% in wastage, so we are at 77sqm of timber.
The boards we are considering are 150x22 Baltic Pine, recycled. Can anyone tell me roughly how much we require then in lineal meters?

Thanks!

Kris, 10% is a lot of wastage. I would be checking with your supplier to determine the quality of the material. If it is good quality then 5% may be plenty. Then you will only need to order 490 lin. metres. It all adds up!

Should be pretty cheap depending on where you get it from. I'm selling about 16sqm of old baltic for $1.50 a linear metre, and we've damaged another 20sqm or so of the stuff so badly its sitting in my rubbish pile out front. I'm surprised anyone wanted to buy it at all, it is really badly worn. Makes nice firewood though. I guess old worn boards are good for repairing holes in other people's old worn floorboards so there's still a market for them.

Kris, 10% is a lot of wastage. I would be checking with your supplier to determine the quality of the material. If it is good quality then 5% may be plenty. Then you will only need to order 490 lin. metres. It all adds up!

Just make sure you work out how many lengths you need. Thats one of the major thing that irritates my partner, the under estimating.

Hey guys!

Thanks, so my calcs were right.

Yeah we need to check lengths, our widthest length would be about 5.5meters but not doubt we'll have to join a few.

I need to inspect the timber, its recycled from country NSW.

The price is $7plm which I think its very cheap for 150x22.

Thanks guys!

Back