Help with Subdivision

Hey Guys,
I own a large block (1400sqm's) in the blacktown LGA.
We are looking to get a DA for splitting the block into to two.
The block slopes to the back, however there is no stormwater through the block.
Council have advised we need to get an easement through the block behind to run the stormwater.
This is proving to be dificult as they are not willing to entertain the idea.

Going out to the property investing community to see what advice & experience is out there for options i may have?

Cheers

Nigel

hi,

Your neighbour would most likely entertain the idea if they are compensated in some way....meaning you will prolly have to pay them, from what i have seen this is in the region of $10k.

and if they still will not budge, your last case scenario would be to take them to land and environment court, most of the time the court would rule in your favour for the neighbour to grant you an easement as they view it as the neighbour in purchasing his property should know that it is sloping from back to front and could possibly be subject to this situation, having said that, the court would also make you pay some sort of compensation to your neighbour.

i suggest you contact your solicitor and ask him about obtaining the easement. he should know and would be able to guide you through the process.

Cheers, i have offered compensation of $10k, but they weren't interested.

so i guess that court is the next step!:confused:
any one have any experience with this?
How much does it usually cost?
what sort of compensation does the court usually award?

Cheers

Hi Bubbles,

You need to ring a Land Surveyor.

This sort of thing occurs all the time. The Land Compensation depends on the Easement and value of the land.

Regards Jo

Back