Henry Kaye

Do a search in the forum on Henry Kaye. You will find that he's not very well liked in the forum.

Also do a Google search, before you view anything of his as education.

No-one ever admits to doing the Henry Kaye course.

I admit it; I did it. Cost $12k.

I went to Sydney for the 4 day seminar, the seminars started at 9.00am each day and were supposed to end at 7.00pm most nights. On two of the nights Henry went until after 11.00pm.

He was charismatic, entertaining, very knowledgeable and very personable.

There were people from all walks of life; w*nkers in power suits with overcoats and briefcases, right down to a 20 year old girl sitting near me who was covered in tatts and looked like a biker-chic.

It was a fantastic experience and I learnt an enormous amount about due diligence, strategies, finance etc. It was a very comprehensive course and I never wanted it to end.

There were other speakers as well, and some were uninteresting, but most were good.

We even had a 'fear confrontation' session where everyone had to put an arrow against their throat while someone held it, and then walk forward until it broke. Very scary, but it was amazing to see 3,000 people all (well; not all) crying with fear, but doing it anyway, then all the wolf whistles and air-punching, back-slapping and cheering.

It was all very over the top, but fun, and designed to get you past the fear of buying property.

In my opinion it was worth the money, as I have used the info to earn far more than that since.

We also were given thousands of pages of investing materials and info as part of the course.

Everyone was given the option of walking out during the last seesion of day 2 and get their money back, but very few people did; my guess was less than 5%.

Of course; there were several other things that they tried to sell to you during the course; a Boot Camp, offers of JV's in papartment complexes they were invloved in, ongoing consulting at a cost, furniture packs for the I.P's, dnd's and cd packs etc.

There was no pressure to do any of it, and all throughout the course Henry was repeating the importance of due diligence and research, act of fact; not opinion etc.

I guess the whole thing went wrong when people got involved in the apartment projects on offer, which to me seemed no different to any other over-priced off-the-plan developments you can get sucked into any day of the week all over Australia even now. Two-tier marketing is still alive and well even now. I did also hear that some people were having trouble getting refunds when they left the course early.

It is not a crime to over-charge for a property, and Henry did tell us to do our research. Obviosly a lot of people didn't, and went in blindly.

I never bought any of the products offered, instead opting to buy established property and used the tools he provided.

Hubby and I went to a "free" Henry Kaye talk several years ago (before he starting having troubles). It was all very rah!! rah!! but very interesting. Hundreds of people in the city hotel ballroom. Would have cost a motza to put on.

Hubby was very restless because of the hype (which he abhors) but stayed seated when he really would have liked to leave.

When he started the sales push for his course (which I must admit was tempting) a few people started leaving quietly.

This is where Henry Kaye totally lost his charm for me. He publicly embarrassed those leaving quietly by calling things like "Everyone, look at that man leaving. He doesn't want to make money" type of comments. Not pretty at all. Pretty embarrassing for everyone (at least for us).

More and more people started leaving, we left.

It was a pity it ended this way because he did have lots of great tips and ideas.

I also admit that my view of the evening is probably very different to someone else who would not have been offended by his trying to humiliate people as they tried to leave quietly.

Wylie

This is where Henry Kaye totally lost his charm for me. He publicly embarrassed those leaving quietly by calling things like "Everyone, look at that man leaving. He doesn't want to make money" type of comments. Not pretty at all. Pretty embarrassing for everyone (at least for us).

More and more people started leaving, we left.
I was one of those people that walked out,and this is what he said to me
if anynone does not want to make million-dollar-quickly then walk out now,
I stood up and i was in the front row and started to walk to the door
then he pointed at me and said their's one he cant understand what it's like
to be at my level,in some ways it made me feel low but who cares,my
money was still in my back pocket,and as i said to him a million is nothing
these days,it was 15 years ago,not now,he had no comeback for that..
I just pity all the poor *******s with his kiss of death strategies and instant fast bucks in their eyes did not walk out with me..
willar..

True; there were the "kiss of death" strategies as well, but to me they stood out like a sore thumb straight away, and I had no intention of ever trying them out - I'm too risk averse.

I guess a few people tried them though.

There were other dumb things that came out of all that as well;
stories of people throwing in their real jobs, buying the poser 4wd and new suits to impress the agents when they went looking at properties, and still hadn't bought a property yet.

There was blame on both sides.

Different strokes for different folks

I have a friend who purchased two units in one of Kay's developments around 2002. I had a look at the comprehensive course he did through Henry Kay.He had previously purchased property after watching what I was up to.

The comment I would make is that it depends on your personality with regards to being attracted to what Henry offered. My friend is very cautious when it comes to investing and having known him for years he has to feel he understands the concept inside out in everything he does.

As for Henry's problems I agree with an earlier post that the problems usually come from both sides. As my friend said Kay kept hammering at the audience to do your due diligance and obviously some didn't.

As for my friend, he, his wife and children are currently driving around Australia in a camper van on a three month well deserved Holiday after selling one of his earlier investment properties:eek:

I did several Henry Kaye courses, and was in the 'middle' of one went it all went belly up. Spent a great deal of money I reckon, but have more than made it all back and then some.

For me, it gave me the kick in the b** that I needed to realise that yes, I could keep moving forward. I've got probably all the DVDs he ever put out sitting on shelves at home - might have watched one of them. Lucky they came 'free' with a course.

Still, I think having done courses like Tony Robbins' ones about improving my mind were way more beneficial than Henry's! they gave me the confidence to go out and do it.

Duncan, could you please elaborate...what is the connection between Chris Batten and Henry Kaye etc...???

I didnt say there was a connection between Chris and Henry..

The email address supplied by the original poster is on a domain, beanbah.com, owned by Batten Management P/L and the domain has the same postal address as Chris's offices (which are at Beanbah Chambers).

I really don't like this anti-Kaye attitude of this forum. I think the content of his work has alot of merrit for those who are proactive and want to actually put in some effort into getting ahead in life.

Like LA Ausie and Melbear have said (and some others) they learned alot from the courses. They were fantastic! I have read his courses but not been to a seminar.

I find it so difficult to believe that even after doing a $12,000 comprehensive course people are still not switched on enough to do some research before buying overpriced appartments. It is not only Kaye that was offering them, it is all other developers and sprukiers. I see clients of ours every week buy overpriced "off the plan" or newly built property that they label as an "investment" because some clown (usually a RE agent) told them it was. Some are $120,000 above the median for that area!

People need to take responsibility for their own actions and learn from mistakes. Continuing to be a victim is not the answer.

I believe it was dishonest to offer those appartments for sale to his audience but Kaye will bounce back! He has a rich persons attitude and this will probably not even make a dent to his overall wealth. Even if all is lost he will find a way to become rich again!

People who have purchased the overpriced appartments will lose in more ways than one. They have already lost their money but they are also losing the lesson!!!! As long as they continue to be victims in life and refuse to take responsibility and learn they will always remain poor.

The solicitors, reporters and other shock jocks that continue to attack Kaye and talk about all the poor people who have lost money are really not helping either.

Right here is the reason why the rich get richer and the poor will remain poor! (even if they were compensated double what they paid, they will still be poor)

I didnt say there was a connection between Chris and Henry..

The email address supplied by the original poster is on a domain, beanbah.com, owned by Batten Management P/L and the domain has the same postal address as Chris's offices (which are at Beanbah Chambers).

Oh, nice work!

Back