High yield but bad CG?

Would you guys consider buying a high yield (15%) IP but with a very poor local CG history? It's a block of units but could yield at least 12% - 18%.

From personal experience, it will depend on how much 12-18% is. I have an IP that is CF+ but poor CG. One big maintenance job means it could wipe off years of CF gains (which I'm experiencing now). I have other IPs which are CF- but has had very good CGs. Even if it's on paper, I'm in front.

Also did you take all the other expenses like Council rates, Water (incl usage), Insurance & maintenance of common areas plus any repair costs into consideration. I am also looking for block of units to buy in Brisbane but after taking all the above into consideration, it looks hardly CF +ve.
I bought an LMR land in Mount Gravatt and thinking of developing six units on it.

From personal experience, it will depend on how much 12-18% is. I have an IP that is CF+ but poor CG. One big maintenance job means it could wipe off years of CF gains (which I'm experiencing now). I have other IPs which are CF- but has had very good CGs. Even if it's on paper, I'm in front.

Well, it's $900K price tag, but rent could give around $150K a year. With poor CG I mean it would probably stay flat for many years, but at least not decline.

Would you guys consider buying a high yield (15%) IP but with a very poor local CG history? It's a block of units but could yield at least 12% - 18%.

Is there a possibility of adding value??? In other words is it on one title, or can you strata???? This could make a huge difference and provide equity/gains?

Also, what is LVR on borrowed funds if you were to purchase?

Vacancy rates/demand???? history of this block of units? could go from +ve to -ve very quickly if it is hit and miss in this area.

Is there a possibility of adding value??? In other words is it on one title, or can you strata???? This could make a huge difference and provide equity/gains?

Also, what is LVR on borrowed funds if you were to purchase?

Vacancy rates/demand???? history of this block of units? could go from +ve to -ve very quickly if it is hit and miss in this area.

One title... Would it be hard or expensive to split it into strata?

Vacancy rates is around 1%. Land size of 2000sqm. Walking distance to shops and train station in a small town.

One title... Would it be hard or expensive to split it into strata?

Vacancy rates is around 1%. Land size of 2000sqm. Walking distance to shops and train station in a small town.

Moree?

Just watch vacancy rates in small towns - not everything in towns like that appear on real estate.com

Depends. If it's cheap enough, have potential to add value, and all the yields are not eaten by other fees, stable rental condition, probably yes.

One thing to consider . How much of your total portfolio will it be ?

If it was 100 % no . If it was a much smaller percentage , maybe , but if that was the case you probably wouldn't be asking the question .....

Cliff

Back