Holden factory deals - any info

We are looking to purchase a Colorado Ute, (Rodeo) and have been offered a pretty good deal. We are a wondering if the deals for May may be even sweeter.

Anyone got any info they could share.

Thanks

sunshine

In general terms, buy on the very last day (or 2nd last) of any given month.

Motor dealers get factory bonuses for a certain volume of vehicles target.

If say, their target was 50 cars per month and they are sitting at 48 or 49 sales when you walk in. Then they can sell to you for below their own cost just so they can get the substantial factory bouns cheque for reaching target.

Go in hard ;)

Lots of deals on new cars around. Don't forget to check out the Ranger/Bravo, D-Max, Navara or Hilux. If you wanted 4x4 I would probably pick the Hilux out of these.

Also don't forget to look at the Isuzu Max dealers.

They sell exactly the same ute badged as a Isuzu.
When I checked them out last year they were cheaper than Holden Colorado.

I have had a number of v6 Rodeo twin cabs. (Old Colorado name)
V6 are quite heavy on fuel. Diesel apparently better fuel efficiency but more expensive.

And don't forget it does not matter what trade in you get.

It ALL Gets down to the actual DOLLARS out of your wallet you need to pay :eek:

Gee Cee

Thanks for the replies.

We have looked at most of the 4x4s. Mr Sunshine knows what he wants as this has been on his wish list since he traded in his Courier 4x4 about 5 years ago.

We are still to test drive the Izuzu.

On his wish list is a fully optioned (he wants everything from bullbar to tow bar!) 4x4 diesel top of the range duel cab ute.

The salesman knocked $15k off the price in about 5 minutes and we haven't even started negotiating. There is no trade in but the 4% finance deal could make it even more interesting as it will be purchased in a Company.

It is still a "work in progress" but Mr Sunshine is starting to get a bit excited. :D

Sunshine

i hope you're ready for 20L/100km fuel ecomony - if it's an auto.

The Alloytec V6 fuel consumption is claimed at 12.5 litres per 100km (manual crew cab pickup) and rises to 13.7L/100km for automatic variants

the LS1 V8 is "meant" to get 12.5L/100km as well - but nearly EVERY OWNER i speak to in LS1 tuning circles says it's more like 17L / 100km.

add to that the automatic gearing, and real, road based driving (instead of dyno engine testing) fuel figures, it goes out the window.

just look at the last jackaroo with the 3.5L V6....:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

i recommend the Mazda BT50 above all others. MAN that thing is fast and cheap to run.

*edit - just saw you're chasing a diesel....*

Hope not Blue Card.

Hubby's research indicates more like 10L/100k. Even the fuel economy sticker on window says 10L/100k. It will be Diesel.

Is this your experience? Care to share?

Sunshine

here's my 2c...

these things are shockers to drive. their road handling is seriously ordinary and boasts all the safety of 1 or 2 front airbags. slow, thirsty, uncomfortable.

compare this to 5 star rated comfortable commodore for about $27k after discounts etc and there is no comparison.

but each to their own, peoiple seem to love these commercial vehicles

I agree with you Ausprop.

We will still have the "family" car. This one will be for the "dirty" work. Renos, offroad camping, take the dogs to the beach, oh and to throw the tools in the back! The trailer is about to be made redundant.

Sunshine

i'm all for making trailers redundant. i'm a huge car nut and i STILL can't reverse a 6x4.

my 2.5L TD Pathfinder has 9.5L/100k on the window. i can tell you it's more like 12l/100k around the city and 10.5L/100k on the highway.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES have i EVER got 9.5L/100k - even on the last Yallingup trip with the AC off and just me in the car.

the auto TDs are SLUGS to dirve, completely irresponsive. but the wife wanted it - and you PAY for it. esp the CVT transmissions.

i'm all for making trailers redundant. i'm a huge car nut and i STILL can't reverse a 6x4.

LOL I cannot make a trailer reverse straight for the life of me, despite hubby showing me over and over and telling me how simple it is. I can hook and unhook it from the car though. :p So for that reason alone I give the nod to the ute.

I merely get a say in the paint colour. ;) Although I did say I would prefer auto trans for short/city driving. The rest is up to Mr Sunshine and his wants and needs. I do know that fuel economy is up high on his list though, as his previous Courier used something like 16L/100k.

No doubt more test driving to come, but it is amazing how may $ they are knocking off their prices.

Sunshine

my 2.5L TD Pathfinder has 9.5L/100k on the window. i can tell you it's more like 12l/100k around the city and 10.5L/100k on the highway.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES have i EVER got 9.5L/100k - even on the last Yallingup trip with the AC off and just me in the car.

I have the same engine in my D40 Navara. 12-14L around town. :eek:

Hiya

One of our hacks is a D22 Dual Cab diesel.

10 litres is doable around town, 11 on the open road, and 15 with moderate beach work.

I Particularly like such vehicles because I have 2 dogs, and there is NIL FBT :), and a dunnydore simply wont cut Fraser Island.

ta
rolf

Hi Sunshine
My wifes car , I have SV6 Commodores.
She has had 3 of the latest shape Rodeo twin cabs. V6 Petrol.
Mainly owing to the fact you can get a $3k rebate off your GMH Mastercard.
So we could change over every year for around $6k - 3K rebate = $3k :)
A diesel is what i would go for now. As mentioned V6 heavy on fuel.
OK they are heavy and do not handle like a car. You have to drive them like a small truck. But they are fun. Throw the canping gear in the tub along with the dog. Kids in the twin cab. Wife in the front ;)

Tough enough to go up dirt roads. High enough to go down a few 4wd tracks. Powerful enough to tow a boat or van and great to throw tools and mower or ladder in the back.

She has a Captiva 4x4 diesel at present. Comfort and 7l per 100klm.
But I miss the toughness of the twin cab ute.

I would be buying the basic Colorado or Isuzu Max (Same car different badges) then getting bullbar, towbar etc from local 4wd dealer etc.

You pay top $ at dealer for these identical items then stamp duty on the total package.

Gee Cee

On ya bike

Also if you are doing a cash deal look up (I think it is privatefleet.com)

They are car brokers. (Google carbrokers)
Also Do finance / leasing etc as well.

You tell them what you want. They come back with the best price they get back from their hundreds of dealers that they deal with .

Can even deliver to your door. Full of fuel. Or your local dealer.

If you are not in a rush the last couple of weeks in June always brings up some end of financial year bargains .

Gee Cee

On his old push bike :(

Back