Home Printer

Part of the problem I've had with choosing printers is that there's always a new model that's come out that is better than what was the best available last month.

With IT purchases I've got to the point where I want something that is reliable so now I've given up buying at office works / JB / dick smith etc unless I know exactly what I want . Last printer we bought at office works based on their recommendation was a load of unreliable ........

If I don't know what I want , I go to Harris technology . They're aimed at the business market and I've found that what I buy there , based on their recommendations, has turned out to be reliable and exactly what I wanted .

We've just bought a printer , and what I said I wanted was a colour laser multifunction unit. We already have a black and white unit for higher volume printing so for this I wanted something that gave high quality results but because it won't do high volume , cost per page wasn't critical .

They recommended this for $499.

http://www.ht.com.au/part/AJ887-HP-...76nw-multifunction-printer-colour-/detail.hts

Very nice results so far and nice build .

Cliff

The problem I have is that DH keeps going to Office Works, and brings home new printers, no research, I placed a few on the verge they were that bad.

Finally, got idea here and will be buying the next printer myself, he never gets on SS.... so I can vent in comfort::p

We use Brother laser black and whites for at desk printers. $50-$70 at officeworks, buy them in multiples and just throw them out when they run out of ink (it's about the same price for ink, we never have breakdowns because they are replaced a couple times a year).

have a mid range brother laser colour multifunction in the planning office, that one we replace inks and drums on. The planning firm is fairly much paperless and we really don't print much.

Have a high end fuji xerox system in law firm. We aim for paperless inside the law firm but still need to print hard copies of many documents that require registration or safe custody, off the plan contracts can be 70 pages etc so still print a lot.

The biggest benefit of this machine is the very large capacity automatic document feeder. These ones cost thousands so way outside of your budget.

If you don't need the document feeder under $100 for a laser should sort you out.

High end Brother laser printer, RRP just below your mark, $499. Look around and pretty sure you can get $350-400 ish :D
Laser printer ink don't get dry link inkjet and supposedly can print 800 pages before needing to change ink, so ended up cheaper.

Back