Home renovation software

We are looking at building a alfreso dining area off the back of our house and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for some software to do some designs in?

I am ideally looking for something that I can put the floor plan in, and then produce some sort of 3d walk through of the room (similar to the 3d view of designs they have been doing on "The Renovators"). As well as produce 2d plans for buidling etc.

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced software that will allow this to be done?

Regards,

Jason

We are looking at building a alfreso dining area off the back of our house and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for some software to do some designs in?

I am ideally looking for something that I can put the floor plan in, and then produce some sort of 3d walk through of the room (similar to the 3d view of designs they have been doing on "The Renovators"). As well as produce 2d plans for buidling etc.

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced software that will allow this to be done?

Regards,

Jason

that's like entering the 3D studio max realm...

u gonna need ID to do it for you. i normally use some dude overseas. AUD50 gets it done.

for buy the software and u could even remake the rise of the planet of the apes. nah...unless you really enjoy it.

If you have patience try Google Sketchup. It is free and easy to use but you need to read the help file. There are lot of models / templates people have uploaded to be re-used.

Steve

Ive just started using Google Sketchup and found it fairly quick and easy to use to get something basic up and running.

Wouldn't you be better off consulting an architect?

I'm currently planning a major reno and my current architect has done all the plans, however I'm not going to bother getting 3D visualisations from him when I can do them myself for free.
I got these done with my previous architect (long story), paid handsomely for them and you just get 3D pictures, whereas in sketchup I have an interactive model I can change colours, layouts, designs etc all just for the cost of my time.

I'm sure there models are better than mine as Im still learning the software, however to me the costs are no longer justified.

Back