Hoppers Crossing, again.

Hi, I have read the previous threads on HC. Thinking of buying an IP there, but below are my concerns:

1.a bit far from CBD;
2.Too many properties available fro rent, long vacancy period;
3.low capital growth compare to , say, Laverton;
4.rough ?

Can someone tell me my concerns are ill founded :)

The good points are it is still affordable ( my budget is only $350K) and has train station.

Hi Camry,

I think if you've researched the area, you should go with what your research uncovered.

Why are you looking at HC in the first place? Is it just b/c it fits your price?

Are you after a neg geared, (hopefully high CG property) or a cash flow positive one (also hopefully with some CG)?

If you can decide on what you want your property to 'do' for you & how it will let you grow your portfolio, you could perhaps then be in a better position to narrow down suitable areas?

Regards,
M&M

re: Invest i HC

Hi

It all depends what you want but frankly for 350K I would stay away from that area I own a place in werribee but was a cheap one so has gone up in value the vacancy rate is higher takes about 4-5 weeks for a new tenant, the higher you go the difficult to rent in those places I think.
Pok

Hi, I have read the previous threads on HC. Thinking of buying an IP there, but below are my concerns:

1.a bit far from CBD;
2.Too many properties available fro rent, long vacancy period;
3.low capital growth compare to , say, Laverton;
4.rough ?

Can someone tell me my concerns are ill founded :)

The good points are it is still affordable ( my budget is only $350K) and has train station.

think there is much better buying opportunties elsewhere

ur points r all valid so u have answered ur on questions

Thanks for all the replies.

I consider HC mainly because it suits my budget of $350K. Prior to that I looked at Dallas and Coolaroo, but they have gone up a lot since last yaer, esp Coolaroo. The new train station in Coolaroo commence operation this May.

Could some one suggest better alternatives, with better capital growth ? and hopefuuly low vacancy rate, as I rely heavily on the rent to pay the mortgage.

Thanks.

I would think hoppers/ werribee would be a good area to invest.
Some parts of hoppers are rough - i would steer away from Birdsville and the the estate near presidnet park.
With the new train line to be built starting at Manor Lakes going through the back of Wyndham to Sunshine, i would anticipate good capital growth.
Manor Lakes shops are planing to extend - wouldn't that be good growth to?

I lived in HC now after my tenants moved out last month. So I've been there for 3 weeks. So far it's good and I quite enjoyed it there apart from peak hour travel on the freeway. I'll be moving out to Truganina (a bit closer to City :p) after my new house is built.

Basically, it's quite an established area with lots of surrounding new estates booming. It has potential to grow CG wise.

Renting is hard though...too many new estates around, vacant properties and most people are looking to rent around laverton to get zone 1 travel.

So in the end, it depends on what you want to achieve like what others have said.

I probably biased...as I own in Werribee as well as Hoppers.

I bought properties in 2006 for 130k and 170k respectively. These are now worth 250k and 290k. So the CG is reasonably good....just make sure you chose older houses.....it is the land which is going up!

Back